Is this something Pitino should check out?

I’m guessing if you found the YouTube videos or whatever these are online, plenty of coaches know about them or already know this info. Email it to him and it may change the course of the program

No. All coaches have been aware of this years before they were posted.

The open shots seem to be coming from the defender being way too eager to provide help defense/crash. Seems a little naive defensively but maybe that's how they're taught to play. I assume a little adjustment in defensive strategy could neutralize this?

I thought it was a cool video.

This is essentially the offense my traveling basketball team ran when I was in 9th grade after our only C quit the team. So, I don't think it's super innovative, but I'm not saying it wouldn't work. I'd like it better than our old three man weave offense (thank god that's gone).

This looks a bit like the motion dribble drive offense Calipari would run that has the post on the weakside opening up driving lanes.

Looks like its 5 "guards" out there, as in 5 players who can dribble shoot and pass. Defenders plays defense as if all 5 are great 3pt shooters, not sagging, getting beat off the dribble.

This isn't unlike the most fundamental execution of the Princeton offense, which is four players above the free throw line extended and one somewhere else--post, or wherever. I still think it comes down to how well you teach the players what to do out of these situations. And I don't see any reasons why you can't run sets or set plays. One thing or another, what I love is that you're allowing the players to play and look for opportunities within the overall framework, which inherently makes game planning difficult for the other team's defense. There's nothing concrete to prepare for.

You do have to be able to make jump shots if you're going to adhere to this scheme, just because the other team could play zone and clog up the lane regardless of where your offensive players are positioned. That's why the Princeton offense requires the players to be able to shoot.

He could go to a 10U game and learn something about offense

Top Bottom