Is the Disorganized Crime Unit on Alert?

McGopherFan

Reaction score
I mean, is the Badger Marching Band going to be at the game; and if so, have the necessary security measures been taken?

My guess is the OP is referring to the Wisconsin band sex hazing scandal from a few years ago....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Wisconsin_Marching_Band#Controversy

In 2006 the band was placed on probation by then Chancellor John Wiley after its road trip to Michigan. Then, on October 3, 2008 Leckrone announced the band would be suspended from performing because of serious hazing allegations that involved alcohol and "inappropriate sexual behavior".[2] As a result, the band missed the nationally televised game against Ohio State. It marked the first time in at least 40 years, and the first (and as of the end of the 2011 season, only) time in Leckrone's 42-year tenure as director, that the band had missed a home football game.[3] Leckrone said that although only a small number of band members were involved, because members had a "shared responsibility" to the band and the university, "the only thing I could do to send the message was to suspend." [4] A letter from UW–Madison Dean of Students, Lori Berquam, to parents of band members, stated that "Some allegations include but are not limited to: being forced or pressured to have their hair cut in a way that is not flattering; being forced or pressured to eat something disgusting; being sexually fondled against their will; being forced or pressured to drink alcohol or other concoctions that may contain alcohol." Berquam later stated, "I regret the allegation of sexual fondling was misrepresented as confirmed fact in some news reports. We have nothing to substantiate that allegation."[5]

Top Bottom