Is Michigan really that good?

Reaction score
Keeping up with Duke and upsetting UCLA early in the season? Quite the turnaround from last year.

While it is more than just this, I can't help but think that so goes Harris and Sims, so goes Michigan.

Beilein is a fantastic coach. He has Michigan looking just like West Virginia did in only a year's time. They will be dangerous.....

They will be the most inconsistent team in the country, capable of beating the best and losing to the near-worst.

No Beilein is a terrific coach, with a great offense plan. With WV, in the recent past, they were very dangerous and with a bit of luck, would have made the Great Eight a couple of times in the past 5 years. The two "New Kids On The Block" are the Gophers and Michigan.

No Beilein is a terrific coach, with a great offense plan. With WV, in the recent past, they were very dangerous and with a bit of luck, would have made the Great Eight a couple of times in the past 5 years. The two "New Kids On The Block" are the Gophers and Michigan.

Can we be Donnie Wahlberg?

Not taking anything away from Michigan but Duke shot terrible from 3pt range in this game. Singler and Schyer both had terrible shooting nights. Duke was 7-34 from 3pt range with 3 or 4 of those coming in the last minute or so when Duke had started to foul and Michigan had the game won.

Big Wins for the Big Ten

The Michigan win against Duke and Ohio State beating #7 Notre Dame are a couple big wins for the Big Ten. That is going to help the conference RPI and if--no, when--the Gophers beat both of them it will give our RPI a nice lift. Wins like those two today are what puts 5 or 6 Big Ten teams in the NCAA tournament instead of 4.

Big 10 Coaching

Ryan, Izzo, Beilein, Matta, Painter, Crean, Weber (et al) are going to produce good teams.

B10 future is bright.

Do you guys think that we can be beat Duke and UCLA :)

I now consider the Big 10-ACC challenge a tie!

Not so fast! Michigan State lost to Maryland earlier this year in a tournament (62-80), and Michigan also lost to Duke in an earlier tournament (56-71); Purdue beat Boston College in a tournament (71-64) so I think right now it stands ACC 8 - Big Ten 7.

Top Bottom