Is it time to call back Dan Monson? Check his.....

gopherhistory

Reaction score
record since being at Long Beach State. He's now 14-0 in the conference and winner of the Big West. He's 21-7 overall with the strongest out of conference schedule.

This guy has turned it around. And after 5 years where the hell are we now? Today was just sad.

I'm happy for Dan Monson. He is a good guy who is better than he was here. I thought he had us on our way when Rickert was a freshman, but Humphries and all the local refugee transfers ultimately led to desperate offers to jucos who didn't belong in the B10.

We stick with the notion that coaches have failed us in football and basketball here. Count the number of coaches who we've tossed aside only to find the next one gets the same results. Isn't it time we thoroughly examine what is causing our difficulties without preconceptions? Once we find out, we then need to respond to that in whatever way is appropriate. If UM football and basketball were businesses (and sadly, they really are) we'd hire a research team to see what it is in our environment that holds us back. One caution, though. They might find that we are already responding to the conditions out of our control and this is the best we can expect. I doubt it, but that's a risk. If I were leading that research team, I'd compare our environment with that of the Badgers, the Cornhuskers, and the Hawkeyes. Three conference schools with similar demographics and climate who all perform better than we do. Is it something they have that we don't? Or something they don't have that we do?

record since being at Long Beach State. He's now 14-0 in the conference and winner of the Big West. He's 21-7 overall with the strongest out of conference schedule.

This guy has turned it around. And after 5 years where the hell are we now? Today was just sad.

Don't bring up Dan Monson, the program hit rock bottom with him at the helm, he let Kris H. ruin the team and had zero control of his team, he let players who left the state and failed transfer back, he never won against good teams ever. I'm glad he's doing good at Long Beach state this year but he wasn't the answer.

The administration needs to make basketball and football a priority before the programs can compete at a high level in the big ten again. Its the absolute biggest joke ever that one of the biggest universities in the country can't get a practice facility built, an absolute joke. Oh well at least the mens swimming and diving is doing good! thats what Maturi would tell you at least

Please just shut up now.

We stick with the notion that coaches have failed us in football and basketball here. Count the number of coaches who we've tossed aside only to find the next one gets the same results. Isn't it time we thoroughly examine what is causing our difficulties without preconceptions? Once we find out, we then need to respond to that in whatever way is appropriate. If UM football and basketball were businesses (and sadly, they really are) we'd hire a research team to see what it is in our environment that holds us back. One caution, though. They might find that we are already responding to the conditions out of our control and this is the best we can expect. I doubt it, but that's a risk. If I were leading that research team, I'd compare our environment with that of the Badgers, the Cornhuskers, and the Hawkeyes. Three conference schools with similar demographics and climate who all perform better than we do. Is it something they have that we don't? Or something they don't have that we do?
Reasonable post and conclusion.

Monson is a better coach than tubby. That's just a fact. It doesn't matter whether you want him back at UM or not. Monson could take tubby's guys and beat his and he could take his guys and beat tubby.

Clem Haskins is better than both of them put together. tubby is 6-21 in the last 27 Big Ten games. That's pitiful.

People want to give tubby credit at UK, but after his first year at UK he never beat a team seeded higher than a 4 in the NCAA tourney.

Interesting take on the situation.

Monson is a better coach than tubby. That's just a fact. It doesn't matter whether you want him back at UM or not. Monson could take tubby's guys and beat his and he could take his guys and beat tubby.

Clem Haskins is better than both of them put together. tubby is 6-21 in the last 27 Big Ten games. That's pitiful.

People want to give tubby credit at UK, but after his first year at UK he never beat a team seeded higher than a 4 in the NCAA tourney.

Lol

Monson's B10 record at the U: 44-68 .393

Tubby's B10 record at the U: 37-55 .402

The difference is basically one game.

Monson's B10 record at the U: 44-68 .393

Tubby's B10 record at the U: 37-55 .402

The difference is basically one game.

That would be true if the Tubby record you cited were accurate, but it isn't. His Big Ten record is 37-51 (.420), not 37-55.

A fact? You have no idea what a fact is.

Tubby took Monson's guys and won 20 games after a 9 win season. According to your theory, we should just rotate them every 4 years.

Top Bottom