Is it time for a Jim Souhan retraction yet?

Retraction of what? Nowhere did he say that the team wouldn't win another game this season. He said that a power coach in his 5th year should be able to overcome the loss of a key player. Not clear why that is an unreasonable expectation.

He is like a whiny teenager in constant need to have his feelings heard. I follow him on twitter and he rarely provides any key insights, he only bit**** about people.

I believe he is the most negative writer I've ever read. I wish he wouldn't even cover gopher sports (it's not like he really does in the first place).

He is like a whiny teenager in constant need to have his feelings heard. I follow him on twitter and he rarely provides any key insights, he only bit**** about people.

I believe he is the most negative writer I've ever read. I wish he wouldn't even cover gopher sports (it's not like he really does in the first place).

You mean whiny kinda like your post?

Don't read him then. Folks on this board are playing right into their hands by clicking on the articles and discussing them. That's exactly what they want.

Souhan or Sunnyday?

My point is you have to read him because there are limited gopher writers. I complain because I'd like to see someone else. He has the resources at the ST to do real research on things but he just bails out and complains about the programs.

I'm a big fan of Judd who will praise and knock down our programs but give reasons behind both.

Retraction of what? Nowhere did he say that the team wouldn't win another game this season. He said that a power coach in his 5th year should be able to overcome the loss of a key player. Not clear why that is an unreasonable expectation.

Thank you. All Gopher fans should expect Tubby to be able to overcome the loss of any one player and still field a team that makes the NCAA tournament (especially the newly expanded version). Souhan basically just stated that the time for excuses was over and if the loss of one player makes finishing in the bottom 4 of the Big Ten a possibility, then the program is not on solid ground.

Thank you. All Gopher fans should expect Tubby to be able to overcome the loss of any one player and still field a team that makes the NCAA tournament (especially the newly expanded version). Souhan basically just stated that the time for excuses was over and if the loss of one player makes finishing in the bottom 4 of the Big Ten a possibility, then the program is not on solid ground.

Why is this so hard for some posters to understand. Not saying Tubby should be canned, but there is definitely ample room for questions to be raised.

I don't expect the Gophers will make the tournament, but I think the program is on solid ground. If they play hard and finish .500 in the B10, I'll consider it a successful season.

Souhan basically just stated that the time for excuses was over

This is correct. This is what he said. Oh, yes, and then went on to say that at no time since Mbakwe's injury had Tubby made any excuses. So basically he just stated that Tubby should stop doing what Tubby had not actually done. This is the have-you-stopped-beating-your-wife line of reasoning, which is intellectually lazy and dishonest. The retraction would be for the have-you-stopped-beating-your-wife statements. This is something completely different than saying that the program should be OK without Mbakwe. I have no argument with that. But saying, You should stop making excuses, which excuses by Souhan's own admission were not made, that is stupid and whiny and dishonest and lazy.

.500 in the big ten most likely gets them in the dance. It has twice in 4 years.

I don't expect the Gophers will make the tournament, but I think the program is on solid ground. If they play hard and finish .500 in the B10, I'll consider it a successful season.

Half a decade after hiring a former national champion coach, I would consider not being one of the best 68 teams in the country to be an unsuccessful season.

Oh, yes, and then went on to say that at no time since Mbakwe's injury had Tubby made any excuses. So basically he just stated that Tubby should stop doing what Tubby had not actually done. This is the have-you-stopped-beating-your-wife line of reasoning, which is intellectually lazy and dishonest.

I'm indifferent about Souhan, but one would have a hard time arguing that Smith hasn't been liberal with excuses in prior years and deflecting blame to anyone but himself and his staff. Not clear on your analogy (stop doing what Tubby had not actually done) given his propensity in prior years.

Top Bottom