Is it just me

AuggieGopher

Reaction score
or do we have a nice chance to win a game or 2 in tourney if we can get in. For example bracketology 101 has us as 13 facing 4 Pittsburgh. I for one am not scared at all of Pitt and think we would have a great shot. They have Baylor as the 5 in the same side of the bracket, again a very winnable game for us. Either im being way homerish or just am blind but I think we are a very tough out, if we can get in that is.

Any one else have thoughts on this?

I agree. The way Gophers are playing now, assuming we can rid ourselves of the late-game el-foldos, this is a team that could win a game, maybe 2 if the bracket broke right. Hard part will be just getting there.

Gotta take care of business and get in first, but if/when we do I would imagine that we would be one of the more feared low-seeded teams. If I'm a fan of a higher seeded team, the Gophers aren't one of the teams I would want to see my team play in the first round.

Horse, the Cart is barreling down a steep hill. I suggest you go catch it.

This team has shown that they can play with just about anybody when their head is on straight. Plus we have 4 guys that have shown an ability to get hot and carry the offense at times which is important in the tourney. What I'm worried about is our 3 point D because nothing can get you sent home quicker than letting a team get hot from 3. see: Texas last year

Horse, the Cart is barreling down a steep hill. I suggest you go catch it.

+100

I got a laugh out of the OP...

Talking about winning multiple NCAA games when currently the team is probably a 50/50 (at best) shot to get in...amazing what a road win will do for everyone.

Talking about winning multiple NCAA games when currently the team is probably a 50/50 (at best) shot to get in...amazing what a road win will do for everyone.

The Gophers have lost 5 games by one point or in overtime (including games against Purdue and MSU). As it stands, we have wins against #6 Ohio State, #12 Butler, #15 Wisconsin, and a road win at Illinois for the first time since 1978.

This team is A LOT better than their record shows, don't count them out just yet. Like Kevin Garnett, Anything is possible!

+100

There are times and things for which you wanna have realism. Sometimes, people just try to enjoy the remaining part of the season as much as possible in the way they want to. I think that the OP is a case of the latter. So, no need to be harsh about it. Of course, interpretation is all subjective. So...

There are times and things for which you wanna have realism. Sometimes, people just try to enjoy the remaining part of the season as much as possible in the way they want to. I think that the OP is a case of the latter. So, no need to be harsh about it. Of course, interpretation is all subjective. So...

Not trying to be harsh, sorry if it came off that way...just think it is a bit funny, thats all.

Top Bottom