Iowa's New Turf Design

Ski U Master

Reaction score
Pretty cool idea here, even if it is from the Hawkeyes. They are revealing their new turf design on their website by unveiling a portion of the field every day or so. I know the field design is one of the things I am really interested in about TCF so I thought this was a neat way to do it:

Iowa Field Design

I for one hate the pattern of simulating mowing. The contrast of shades of green are too harsh. To that I give Iowa a thumbs down.

Now the idea of making you come back and watch the puzzle revealed, not bad.

I for one hate the pattern of simulating mowing. The contrast of shades of green are too harsh. To that I give Iowa a thumbs down.

Now the idea of making you come back and watch the puzzle revealed, not bad.

I completely agree on both counts.

Not the way they lay the turf, but what logos, endzone designs they will have. If it doesn't interest you don't read the thread.

Not the way they lay the turf, but what logos, endzone designs they will have. If it doesn't interest you don't read the thread.

Hmmm...why does his salty comment feel so familiar. Oh yea, this guy is lawrence21.

False. Who is lawrence21?

Not you Ski U...I was referring to Flyingdutchmanstinks. I quoted the wrong post, sorry about that! :) lawrence21 was another poster (possibly banned?) who would respond to innocous posts the same way. If this guy isn't lawrence, he's doing a fantastic job acting just like him in a variety of threads.

Not you Ski U...I was referring to Flyingdutchmanstinks. I quoted the wrong post, sorry about that! :) lawrence21 was another poster (possibly banned?) who would respond to innocous posts the same way. If this guy isn't lawrence, he's doing a fantastic job acting just like him in a variety of threads.

Gotcha, I thought my slightly salty remark was warranted. :cool02:

Looks like there will be no 50 yard line graphic on the new Kinnick turf just like it was.

Looks like there will be no 50 yard line graphic on the new Kinnick turf just like it was.

I think it is going to be an "H" and then the half circles are going to turn into the current logo of the Hawkeye head. Could be wrong, but that is how I see it turning out so far.

I think it is going to be an "H" and then the half circles are going to turn into the current logo of the Hawkeye head. Could be wrong, but that is how I see it turning out so far.

Looks like nothing on the 50, not even an I.

Good thread..I don't like it...looks too much like Oregon.

:(

aka...the worst designs on uniforms and fields ever.

I hope our doesn't look like that.

GM

Another school gets rid of real grass......bummer.......it's the biggest drawback of TCF Bank Stadium so far.

I hope that TCF's field looks exactly like the drawings - all dark green turf with a big M at the 50 and maroon endzones. I don't like the light green/dark green every 5 yard combo either.

Oregon

Say what you want about the field....everyone knows about it being alternating stripes. We are very good at marketing the program. Our propaganda is very good out here. The U needs something like this to promote itself as well. www.oregongridiron.com

ahaa

Nice, if I weren't so lazy I would have seen they link to it via the football page on gophersports.com....

Say what you want about the field....everyone knows about it being alternating stripes. We are very good at marketing the program. Our propaganda is very good out here. The U needs something like this to promote itself as well. www.oregongridiron.com

i will give it to oregon for having a pretty tight training room/facility. has to be nice having the founder/ceo (phil knight) of the world's largest sporting goods company (nike) as a contributor/supporter of oregon athletics. i have a good feeling the majority of that equipment and building came right from phil.

Don't be too harsh....

They are Iowans, you know. They need more than a single white stripe
to tell when they've gone 5 yards. They need those shades of green.:)

Field design? the way they lay the turf? Are you also interested in paint drying">>>>>>>

I liked that.

It's still better than Boise Blue.

Field design? the way they lay the turf? Are you also interested in paint drying">>>>>>>

I liked that.

It's still better than Boise Blue.

Boise State is original, unlike Iowa (Steelers' uniform, Oregon's field, Wisconsin's beer polka). :pig:

Top Bottom