Iowa vs Wisc

Maroon92

Reaction score
Tough to cheer for either but glad one will get a loss. With Wisconsin's schedule so much easier I think I prefer Iowa to win.

any thoughts on this game?

It will be interesting to see. Iowa's offense and Wisconsin's defense has looked good this year. Not sure what to think about either team. I'm excited to get the conference schedule going.

I'd prefer Iowa to win this one.

And then for Northwestern to beat them both after we beat Northwestern.

I believe Iowa has gotten too much credit for a cupcake non-conference. So I did some poking around and found these numbers from realtimerpi.com; their toughest game Pitt is ranked right next to Ohio and Colorado St. Saturday will be a very good test to see where both teams sit. I still believe the Gophers have a great shot, but have done themselves no favors by playing 2 hard and 1 very hard game and racking up the injuries.

Strength of Schedules Rankings for BT-West in Non-Conference

Minnesota - 28
Nebraska - 31
Purdue - 38
Northwestern - 70
Wisconsin - 71
Illinois - 91
Iowa - 123

It's hard for me to cheer for Iowa, but impossible to cheer for wisco. Have to cheer for Iowa in this one.

It's Iowa for me and I'll feel dirty, unclean and who knows what else ..

Tough to cheer for either but glad one will get a loss. With Wisconsin's schedule so much easier I think I prefer Iowa to win.

Four overtimes played in a driving rainstorm with lots of fog. Don't care who wins.

One game a year I root for Iowa

How in the hell is Iowa's schedule any easier than Wisconsin's? Both have an absolute cakewalk after this weekend, leading me to believe that the winner of this game will likely win the West. Bucky's D is solid but they will struggle to move the ball on Iowa. Iowa has a handful of injuries that could factor in here (starting LT, co-#1 RB, starting corner, one of the best DEs in the conference). Wisconsin being an 8 point favorite is just criminal. Iowa also has a history of playing very well at Camp Randall (won 3 out of the last 4 with the other game being a 4 pt loss).

I just see Iowa as the better football team, but this could very easily go either way. I give Iowa a solid edge at every single offensive position as well as special teams. Schobert and Biegel will be a handful, though, and could wreak havoc on Iowa's young tackles.

Earthquake swallows up both teams and Camp Randall.

Skunks and Pigs playing in erector set stadium on a demolition site. What a great venue. Iowa needs to shut down Erickson. He's the only WR they've. If they can put pressure on Prince Valient ( Stave)
they have a chance. Iowa is not going to put a lot of points on the board because of Becky's defense.
If you're betting the house I'd go with Becky.

Top Bottom