Iowa tickets on sale to GopherScore members today, general public tomorrow

Hollinsanity

Reaction score
Looks like there are some solid lower and upper level seats left, so make sure to snatch them up before Iowa fans do.

Single game hockey tickets (including UND) and basketball three-game packs also on sale.

General sale starts at 9 AM tomorrow.

The site makes it hard to actually see what is available.

Edit: I guess you have to pick the section then it tells you seats and shows you a map... kinda.

Edit: "Per ticket fee" $20 :p

Picked up 4 for gifts. Appalling how many great seats unsold after Norwood's "Donation" scheme.

Picked up 4 for gifts. Appalling how many great seats unsold after Norwood's "Donation" scheme.

Yep, didn't expect to see this many tickets available in the lower level. Definitely a direct result of the donation increases because all lowers were hit with substantial increases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, didn't expect to see this many tickets available in the lower level. Definitely a direct result of the donation increases because all lowers were hit with substantial increases.

Price increase + lack of Ws.

Looks like there are some solid lower and upper level seats left, so make sure to snatch them up before Iowa fans do.

Single game hockey tickets (including UND) and basketball three-game packs also on sale.

General sale starts at 9 AM tomorrow.

What's Gopher Score?

I picked up 8 in the student section as guest passes awhile back. 8 for $30 each. I am happy with my purchase.

Cheapest on stubhub is $102 and those are in the upper corners.

Iowa is the game this year so .... not too surprising.

For the general public, I agree....but it would be nice if it was a little cheaper for today for season ticket holders that wouldn't mind getting some extras.

Maybe it's genius

Maybe the "scheme" will work. Lower bowl/chairbacks selling for $170 + $10 which is more than half of a full season ticket. They just have to sell the remaining 6 games for an average of $25/game to make more than they would have without the seat donation.

They'll come down if the Gophers lose to Penn State. Prices will be at least half of what they're now on Stub-Hub

I guess it is a chicken/egg situation but over the years they always seem to jack up prices for games against big traveling fan bases (Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska). I suppose the main reason is to make as much money as possible. But in the never ending battle to keep opposing fans out of the stadium, it actually may raise the percentage of visiting fans. Locals know how much less they can pay to go to other games so they avoid the games with big price tags. Meanwhile, if you are going to spend money to travel, you are MORE likely to pay higher ticket amounts to complete your experience. Meanwhile, locals that do have tickets are more likely to sell them because of the higher price tags and of course the buyers are again from the visiting teams, further jacking up the percentage of visiting fans. After all is said and done people look around the stadium to see all the invading plans to the existing techniques are pushed even further. On and on it goes.

Winning, as always, will help.

Schnauzer is correct.
The high ticket price is clearly aimed at the IA fans.
How long that price stands depends mostly how IA is doing.
If IA fans expect a win they will come for the game and a chance to experience the big city.
The cost of the ticket seems small compared to the total $ outlay for the weekend.
The price has nothing to do with keeping the IA fans in IA.

They'll come down if the Gophers lose to Penn State. Prices will be at least half of what they're now on Stub-Hub

They'll go down as the game gets closer but not by that much. There is extra demand for this game because many Iowa fans travel. I think they will stay pretty high.

So what is the single game price through Gopher Sports?

They'll go down as the game gets closer but not by that much. There is extra demand for this game because many Iowa fans travel. I think they will stay pretty high.

It will be interesting to see how much they travel.

I've noticed a downturn in travelers as TCF has gotten older. New stadium smell wearing off...

So what is the single game price through Gopher Sports?

$85-$190, depending on where the seats are. The $85's are the upper corners.

I'm in the lower level corner, bench seating (117) & singles are $135/each.

Sections 201 - 205 and 216 - 220 (aka the visitor sections) are 97% sold, so it looks like Iowa will have a huge contingent this year.

Not surprising IMO given the 12-0 season last year, fair-weather fans coming out of the woodwork left and right.

I should just buy more guest passes... With these prices, I could make a killing scalping them

[QUOTE=A_Slab_of_Bacon;1246048]It will be interesting to see how much they travel.

I've noticed a downturn in travelers as TCF has gotten older. New stadium smell wearing off...[/QUOTE]

The Iowa fans have never turned out to TCF in very solid numbers, considering so many of them live here, especially in the last couple of visits. The Wisconsin fans have done a little bit better, but still have been fairly anemic.

Only the Nebraska fans have turned out in impressive numbers at TCF Bank Stadium, and I'll give some credit to the Ohio State and Michigan (to a lesser extent), for turning out in OK numbers, considering they are not as close as the others.

The Iowa fans have never turned out to TCF in very solid numbers, considering so many of them live here, especially in the last couple of visits. The Wisconsin fans have done a little bit better, but still have been fairly anemic.

Only the Nebraska fans have turned out in impressive numbers at TCF Bank Stadium, and I'll give some credit to the Ohio State and <b>Michigan (to a lesser extent), for turning out in OK numbers, </b>considering they are not as close as the others.

No way. Most the MI fans at TCF lived in MN and had no real ties to MI. Same would happen if Notre Dame played here. Likely the same people.

My lower deck season tickets would be $160 if purchased as single game for Iowa. Ridiculous. Although maybe some well-heeled Iowa fans would pay that much! This whole price hike business was a mistake - we lost the people in front of us (not older people) and they had been there for years.

All signs point to the Iowa contingent this year being pretty big. 10-15k for sure.

Why only one day for gopherscore members? Should get at least a week.

Top Bottom