Iowa Matt VandeBerg broke his foot today in practice

gophersfan

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I do not follow Iowa at all and do not care to look this up, but who is Matt Vandeberg and why do we care?

He has 284 (36%) of their 788 yards receiving and 3 (38%) of their 8 receiving TDs.

Good for the Gophers. Bad for Iowa. I have a little soft spot for VendeBerg though since he was another under recruited South Dakota kid.

Good for the Gophers. Bad for Iowa. I have a little soft spot for VendeBerg though since he was another under recruited South Dakota kid.

Proves once again Stars do not matter but yet some people get bent out of shape when we get a commit from a 2 Star recruit.

I mean, stars and recruiting evaluations do track along with consistent success (teams that make the playoffs and compete for conference and national titles year in and year out are consistently ranked toward the top of the recruiting rankings), but they are not hard and fast rules, and there will always be exceptions.

I'm positive I am going to regret spinning this thread down this rabbit hole. Goldy forgive me.

Overall, stars DO matter and this is proven over and over again. That doesn't mean there aren't exceptions. Certainly for individual players but occasionally even for high achieving teams. But, overall... they do matter.

Sorry to hear about the injury. The Gophers sure have had their share of them over the past couple seasons.

Gophers lose their go-to receiver (Lignon) and their best deep threat (Stills) in weeks 1 and 2......not too sad that Iowa is missing 1 receiver.

Gophers lose their go-to receiver (Lignon) and their best deep threat (Stills) in weeks 1 and 2......not too sad that Iowa is missing 1 receiver.

Not sure who either of those guys are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, stars and recruiting evaluations do track along with consistent success (teams that make the playoffs and compete for conference and national titles year in and year out are consistently ranked toward the top of the recruiting rankings), but they are not hard and fast rules, and there will always be exceptions.

I'm positive I am going to regret spinning this thread down this rabbit hole. Goldy forgive me.

Can't believe Spoofin didn't catch this. It's DOTS that matter. Not stars.

Can't believe Spoofin didn't catch this. It's DOTS that matter. Not stars.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that realizes that dots are where it is at. Word.

Not sure who either of those guys are

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/26FPxFeuN8UA7nqGQ" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/justin-lol-laughing-michael-jordon-26FPxFeuN8UA7nqGQ">via GIPHY</a></p>

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/26FPxFeuN8UA7nqGQ" width="480" height="360" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/justin-lol-laughing-michael-jordon-26FPxFeuN8UA7nqGQ">via GIPHY</a></p>

Love your board name!!!!

Top Bottom