Iowa Loses 2 more RB'S to Injuries

goldfan24

Reaction score
Iowa lost their 2nd and 3rd RB's to injury this past weekend. After losing Jewel Hampton earlier this season, the Hawkeyes lost Jeff Brinson and Adam Robinson, both freshman RB's this week and will be without out them for the rest of the Big Ten season. This will really test the strength of Iowa's depth chart. They better pray Stanzi doesn't get hurt or they will really be in trouble with a visit to OSU coming up. Iowa plays the Gophers the week after OSU...

Losing A-Rob sucks, but Brinson has had all of one carry this year. He was not the #3 back. He was supposed to be #2 behind Jewel, but he got hurt before the season started and Robinson and Wegher blew by him. Wegher will start, and he's been more or less splitting carries with A-Rob this year, though he admittedly isn't as good.

Just means they have to burn a redshirt on true freshman Brad Rogers. The guy is a Shonn Greene replica who should be a nice change of pace back to Wegher. Unlike most years, this is not the year to not burn his redshirt and think about next year, this IS the year.

Brad Rogers

Class:
Freshman
Hometown:
Toledo, OH
High School:
Central Catholic
Height / Weight:
5-10 / 225
Position:
RB
Birthdate:
10/18/1990
High school honors - - Two-time second team all-league running back and linebacker. Career - - Amassed 1,228 rushing yards on 246 attempts with 18 touchdowns... also registered 180 tackles, 28 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks and four forced fumbles... team captain as a senior... also lettered in basketball and track.

Personal - - Born 10/18/90... Open major... parents are Alicia and Bryant Rogers... high school coach: Greg Dempsey.

If he was actually a Shonn Greene replica he would have already been playing. A 5 yard average in high school, not bad but not great for a Shonn Greene replica.

He is exactly like Shonn Greene in that he is big and....well, that's pretty much it. That's a pretty dumb comparison, mittens, and a lot to ask of a true freshman.

Now, that said, supposedly he has impressed the coaches in practice lately, and he got to dress for the MSU game, which was before Robinson got hurt. That seems like a good sign to me. He doesn't need to be great or anything, he just needs to be able to provide Wegher a blow here or there and do some tough running between the tackles. It's not like we've been a spectacular running team up to this point anyway, we'll likely be mostly throwing to set up the run as we have most of the season. Also depending on Donahue and the defense to give us some short fields to work with.

I never compared his skill to Shonn Greene, I should have specified they have similar builds. Shonn Greene was able to rush for 100 yards in his first college game so I guess we'll see.

Top Bottom