Iowa, Iowa State investigating athletes gambling

I don't think it should be now - far too much deregulation/legalization is happening too quickly - but I assume the NCAA will need to adopt a standard that schools will be expected to follow. As for enforcement, this wouldn't be the first time the NCAA has created a rule that would be applied unevenly. I'm genuinely curious if people think if/when it will happen.

Supposedly US Integrity’s ProhiBet monitoring system flagged betting at University of Alabama, the Iowa schools, NFL leading to some investigations and discipline.

The Big Ten has instituted availability reports to promote gambling enhance the integrity of the game and reduce inducements to cheat. Hopefully a special monitoring focus is placed on officials and the Big Ten office itself.

ROSEMONT, Ill. – The Big Ten Conference announced today it will debut a gameday student-athlete availability report for all football competition during the 2023 season. In addition to the conference-wide reporting, the Big Ten has partnered with U.S. Integrity (USI) to enhance monitoring efforts

Top Bottom