Iowa grad, Justin Gaard, "confused" by Brew timing; supports Bohl

Well, at least I can now cross Bohl off my list. LOL.

I agree a bit on the timing, as I put in a post on another thread. I wouldn't be surprised if Brewster was offered the chance to stay on the sidelines for the remainder of the year, but there's probably no sense in having "dead coach standing."

Run this one by people in Fargo ... I think a fair number would like it if we took Bohl off their hands.

He should have listened to news conference where he explained why he pulled the trigger -- head start on the search and he was tired of hearing the team get booed at home.

Run this one by people in Fargo ... I think a fair number would like it if we took Bohl off their hands.

Bohl continues to not impress. The Bison lost to Illinois State this past weekend.

Bohl is great for Fargo and NDSU, but he is not a big 10 coach

Bohl has already been discussed would not be surprised if Maturi calls him

Maturi counts Bohl as a friend so I bet he does get an interview for the job on the down low.
Bohl would not make a lot of fans around here happy and as already said the NDSU fans
might be glad if we were to take him off there hands. That say's we should say no.

Maturi counts Bohl as a friend so I bet he does get an interview for the job on the down low.
Bohl would not make a lot of fans around here happy and as already said the NDSU fans
might be glad if we were to take him off there hands. That say's we should say no.

If Maturi were to go to D1-AA for a coach go get someone who has won national championships.

So are we being set up for another loss to NDSU next year? They got to play us in Brew's first year and won because we were still trying to figure out how to play under Dunbar and Withers systems......is it going to happen again?

I cannot handle another loss to D2 football teams. This needs to be a kill hire and fully eliminate ANY future losses to a Dakota team.

So are we being set up for another loss to NDSU next year? They got to play us in Brew's first year and won because we were still trying to figure out how to play under Dunbar and Withers systems......is it going to happen again?

I cannot handle another loss to D2 football teams. This needs to be a kill hire and fully eliminate ANY future losses to a Dakota team.

come on lets give my alma mater a little credit. They are Division 1 football. NDSU was one of the best teams in D1-AA the year they beat Minnesota. A Big 10 team should beat a D1-AA school every time, but NDSU is rich with football tradition.

The South Dakota loss was way worse because they might win six games this year. NDSU went 10-1 that year.

Seriously, who is Justin Gaard? Whoever he is, he knows nothing about college football.

Seriously, who is Justin Gaard? Whoever he is, he knows nothing about college football.

I can't tell sarcasm over the internet, but if you really don't know he is the producer for Dan Barreiro's show everyday from 3 to 6:30 on 1130 AM KFAN or 740 the Fan in Fargo.

Of course Gaard favors Bohl; he and Barreiro talk about NDSU like they're some kind of football powerhouse. More of the same from KFAN.

The entire day further convinces me that I am correct in thinking there isn't a single person on KFAN who has any knowledge of college athletics. That being said, I do think the U should sell its radio rights to the station in order to find a younger audience.

He should have listened to news conference where he explained why he pulled the trigger -- head start on the search and he was tired of hearing the team get booed at home.

I can go along with hoping that the booing would stop, but if Maturi wasn't sending out feelers after the Northern Illinois game, he would have been derelict in his duties. It was obvious at that point that Brewster was done after the season.

Of course Gaard favors Bohl; he and Barreiro talk about NDSU like they're some kind of football powerhouse. More of the same from KFAN.

But make no mistake about it, on day one he would be subject to nonstop ridicule from these disingenuous clowns.

One thing you can always count on, no matter what decisions the U makes, KFAN won't agree with them. If they hadn't fired Brewster, the KFAN Vikings Crew would have wondered why they don't have the guts to pull the trigger and save a recruiting class. make no mistake about it, they will get no support for any new coach from KFAN because "it's not their job to support the Gophers" instead it appears their job IS to support the likes of IOWA, which is why I never listen to them.

Of course Gaard favors Bohl; he and Barreiro talk about NDSU like they're some kind of football powerhouse.

And why shouldn't they with the impressive 13-15 record they've put up since 2008. Bohl deserves just as much praise for his 7-13 conference record in that time frame as Brewster receives mockery for his 6-13 Big Ten record over the same period.

The main problem that I have with the local media is that they often fail to do their homework. I can just about gurantee you than Gaard and whoever else on KFAN talks glowingly about NDSU has absolutely no idea how they've done since 2008. Not that I care, to be honest, I wasn't fully aware of what NDSU's record has been over the past few years. However, if I was attached to a media outlet and I was putting my name on something, you can gurantee I would do a bit of research.

Justin Gaard also is not a big college sports fan. I know he says he is, but his takes make absolutely no sense. How many people do you know who are fans of college athletics are Iowa football fans but Gopher basketball fans? It just doesn't make sense.

Justin Gaard is no Cory Roufs.

I admit I do listen to KFAN, but I might/should start checking out 1500 more now, you know...the KFAN Alumni Network. Nice scoop by Roufs, no wonder KFAN didn't get the scoop, the way they treat our Gophs.

Gaard-si really starting to pissing me off. I used to like him, when he produced the PA and Dubay show. But my God.. His idiocy knows no bounds when it comes to this move.

How the hell is one confused about why the U fired Brew? Seriously? Then his cheap shot on Leach. Nice move, punk.

And why shouldn't they with the impressive 13-15 record they've put up since 2008. Bohl deserves just as much praise for his 7-13 conference record in that time frame as Brewster receives mockery for his 6-13 Big Ten record over the same period.

Haha!! Nice!

The main problem that I have with the local media is that they often fail to do their homework. I can just about gurantee you than Gaard and whoever else on KFAN talks glowingly about NDSU has absolutely no idea how they've done since 2008. Not that I care, to be honest, I wasn't fully aware of what NDSU's record has been over the past few years. However, if I was attached to a media outlet and I was putting my name on something, you can gurantee I would do a bit of research.

Agreed. I was trained as a journalist, but didn't go into the trade, but have been around journalists in my work. This isn't just the local media. It's seems that everything is more about the "scoop" and less about analysis of the situation: the "what" and not the "why" or "how." I suppose in a short attention span world, that's all we can hope for, but it's wearing me out.

Top Bottom