Dec. 9: @ Iowa State (138)
Dec. 17: DRAKE (217)
Dec. 19: CENTRAL ARKANSAS (340)
Dec. 22: BOISE STATE (113)

Home/Road/Neutral Split: 10/2/1
Average RPI of All Nonconference Opponents: 206.923
Average RPI of Home Nonconference Opponents: 231.7
Top-100 Opponents (1): Clemson
NCAA Qualifiers (1): Clemson (2nd round)
Other Postseason Qualifiers (3): Boise State (CBI semis), Creighton (CBI runner-up), Northern Iowa (CIT 2nd round)
Game to Watch: @ Iowa State
Chalk Up the W: Central Arkansas
Projected Nonconference Record: 11-2

Schedule Note: The Hawkeyes will not leave the state of Iowa during the nonconference season.

B1G Nonconference Schedule Rankings
1. Iowa (206.923)

B1G Nonconference Home Schedule Rankings
1. Iowa (231.7)

Might as well bring in and schedule the 8th Grade Boys Basketball team from Norman County West Schools in Halstad, MN.

By my count the Hawks have scheduled 6 decent-or-better opponents. ... all the Iowa schools + Clemson, Creighton & Boise State. I think Drake is expected to be a contender in the MVC next season. 6 of 13 is a pretty decent ratio for a NC schedule, but no question those other 7 games have the potential to drag down their schedule strength.

Dale Howard

Whomever Dale Howard is, he or she should be offended that the namesake Tourney is called the "Classic". Chicago St, NC A&T, Iowa, Creighton & Campbell...yuck. Even the Pillsburys think that is a joke.

Dale Howard

My first thought was it was named after the coach from White Shadow, but that's Ken (Howard).

Might as well bring in and schedule the 8th Grade Boys Basketball team from Norman County West Schools in Halstad, MN.

My dad was the basketball coach in Hendrum before they paired up and became Norman County West. They had some very good teams at the time...I think it's unfair to compare them to some of the teams Iowa will be playing, as the teams on Iowa's schedule are inferior to Norman County West.

Purdue

Thanks MB99. All we need to find out is Boilers' 1st round opponent in Puerto Rico & then we'll have the completed schedule. Certainly the Boilers have a much more appealing schedule than the Hawkeyes, but that's to be expected given where the two programs are at this point.

Carver

My first thought was it was named after the coach from White Shadow, but that's Ken (Howard).

Carver would fit right in at the Dale Howard Classic. They would be +2.5 against a few of the teams in the field.

Carver would run into it issues with Haywood's defense at the #1. Seems to be very prone to foul trouble. Also, Reese's jumper is much too inconsistent. They would have to focus on getting the ball down to Coolidge consistently. Salami off the bench would need to provide some consistent energy as well.

Then they would be +2.5 in most games.

Top Bottom