Iowa Barnstormers Name Mike Hohensee Head Coach

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
I still get a chuckle each time I read another Hohensee story. Not laughing at Mike, but his Faithful Gopher Followers. He appears to still be upgrading his resume for the day when he takes over the Minnesota football program!

Hohensee

--17 years and counting without ever coaching a game outdoors; Washington, Albany, New England, Anaheim, Chicago, and Philadelphia.

Yet we still have people that consider him a viable CFB candidate. Love ya Mike, but you've found your niche, and it's minor-league indoor football. In Iowa.

Good for him. Good to hear his name mentioned about a coaching job that doesn't make me roll my eyes. Not saying anything bad about his coaching ability, he's just taken a different coaching path, one that doesn't lead to the Gophers.

How come I don't know a thing about this guy?

He was a decent QB for the Gophers 30 years ago. He has the record for most attempts in a game, 67 and most completions in a game 37, both against OSU 1981. He also holds the Junior record for most TD passes at 20.

Sometimes you do say never. Such as when a coach's experience is in a sport that bears only a superficial resemblance to football. Good for him that he's got a coaching job, but if he ever wanted to coach college football, he'd have to work his way back up the ranks.

Top Bottom