Iowa adds Aussie punter, Hoosier olineman grad transfer

Our punter can beat up their punter

The Iowa Aussie punter story sounds almost exactly like ours. He’s older (22), there’s almost no information or video, he’s never played in a football game, has never met the Iowa coaching staff, yet he has a 4 year scholarship waiting for him.

My son and grandson live in Australia so I have been there too often. Australian boys are raised on running with a ball and kicking the ball while running. It is as natural to those boys as throwing and catching a ball is to our kids over here. Two of the three big ball sports over there have this "every player must be able to kick while running". Rugby and Australian Rules Football. And it is not just the so called punters. Every kid who hopes to play either sport must be able to do this very well. When I drop my grandson off at school or pick him up after school there are always a handfull of boys out there kicking the ball around while being harassed by some other boys. I have always wondered why our punters don't kick the ball more out of bounds like the Ausies do.

My son and grandson live in Australia so I have been there too often. Australian boys are raised on running with a ball and kicking the ball while running. It is as natural to those boys as throwing and catching a ball is to our kids over here. Two of the three big ball sports over there have this "every player must be able to kick while running". Rugby and Australian Rules Football. And it is not just the so called punters. Every kid who hopes to play either sport must be able to do this very well. When I drop my grandson off at school or pick him up after school there are always a handfull of boys out there kicking the ball around while being harassed by some other boys. I have always wondered why our punters don't kick the ball more out of bounds like the Ausies do.

But do they get drunk and stand during Aussie Rules games?

Top Bottom