Invite Notre Dame to the Big Ten again!!!!!!

froggopher

Reaction score
I will say it again, even though the big ND turned down the Big Ten several years ago it still makes more sense across the board to have ND in the conference. To hell with Rutgers, Pitt, and god knows who else is raising hell about the Big Ten expansion.

Remember that the central location of Notre Dame fits perfectly with logistics of the entire Big Ten schools.

Also keep in mind of travel expenses for other teams as well. Baseball, basketball, hockey, etc.
All in all it just makes good common sense.

:D:D:D:D

Maybe ND turned the conference down (again)?

:D:D:D:D

+1 The Big Ten has too much tradition among all the schools currently involved to add 3 or 5 schools, thus limiting the amount of games traditional Big Ten teams play against one another.

My thoughts are twofold:
1. Screw them...I don't want them to have a chance at any of the glory of finishing high in the Big 10
2. This could be fun. Let's see what they can do against a real conference schedule. I think they would be unpleasantly surprised at where they finish year in and year out.

2. This could be fun. Let's see what they can do against a real conference schedule. I think they would be unpleasantly surprised at where they finish year in and year out.

THIS^. The Golden Domers would consistently get blown out by 3-5 Big Ten schools, and have toss up games against the rest. After watching Goldy rip on that Penn State player last year, I'd love to see what Goldy has in store for Touchdown Jesus.

Notre Dame....

I am really, really glad that everyone agrees with me 100%

Again, limit the Big Ten Conference to only 12 teams. Seems to work out well for Texas, Nebraska and all the others in the SWC.

Go Gophers!!!!

P.S.-Mizzou could be a darkhorse but ND is a better fit.

Let's hear it all-together-now, Sign up Notre Dame!!!!
Welcome to the Big Ten ahead of time.:drink::cool03::cheer:

Why do so many people want Mizzou??? They would do nothing for the Conference!!! Stay with 11 before going with them. ND would be the only logical choice.

Why do so many people want Mizzou??? They would do nothing for the Conference!!! Stay with 11 before going with them. ND would be the only logical choice.

Add me to the chorus of those who think we need to limit it to 12 teams.

Some things in life just make sense. NFL realignment was an excellent example. They really maximized the utility and enjoyment by listening to fans and doing what made sense.

Contrast it with the NHL where the Wild have to play in the west after everyone has gone to sleep and we don't have any natural rivalry with St. Louis, Chicago, and Detriot. NBA is no better.

The answer for the Big Ten is to add ND and stop at 12!!!

Found these photos in the UofM archives of Notre Dame visiting Memorial Stadium in 1925. In one picture, the crowd is milling outside before the game, in the other is Knute Rockne and company. I think the teams have played a total of 5 times before. We are 0-4-1 against them. We lost 19-7 at home the day of the photos.

I say we wake up some echos around here and bring these two storied programs back together for some football !!!

Attachments

• Knute Rockne and ND vs Minn at Memorial Stadium.jpg
    Knute Rockne and ND vs Minn at Memorial Stadium.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Crowd Outside Before Minn vs ND - 1st Game in Stadium 1925.jpg
    Crowd Outside Before Minn vs ND - 1st Game in Stadium 1925.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 25

Notre Dame......

Very interesting. I did not know that Minnesota ever played Notre Dame. Nice feedback from everyone. Thanks.

I agree. Settling for anyone other than Notre Dame would be just that...... settling.

Top Bottom