Interesting Stat

GoldenRose

Reaction score
BTN just a had a graphic up on their Pregame show. It showed the teams with the most losses by 8-points or less to "automatic-qualifying teams since 2007". The list:

North Carolina - 15
Washington - 13
Michigan State - 12
MINNESOTA - 12
Notre Dame - 12

This is not horseshoes, but it shows Brew has been close. As we all know, the team / program needs to start finishing. Here's to this trend starting soon.

In '07, he lost 6-games by 7-points or less... they have held the lead in many, many games... but finishing, as we heard all offseason, was the main emphasis... worked in Week-1, but failed miserably in Weeks 2 & 3.

It's hard to place the lable miserably on a one point lead against a ranked oponent. Don't you think Doogie.

Interesting stat when you consider that the Gophers played a pretty tough schedule last year. This team hasn't been blown out much, would like to see them turn the corner and start winning though.

Finishing wasn't the problem in week 2. They were playing from behind for the vast majority of the game as they were woefully unprepared.

It's hard to place the lable miserably on a one point lead against a ranked oponent. Don't you think Doogie.

Interesting stat when you consider that the Gophers played a pretty tough schedule last year. This team hasn't been blown out much, would like to see them turn the corner and start winning though.

Figure of speech... although the head coach went out of his way to say the place was "on fire" after they went up 14-13.

BTN just a had a graphic up on their Pregame show. It showed the teams with the most losses by 8-points or less to "automatic-qualifying teams since 2007". The list:

North Carolina - 15
Washington - 13
Michigan State - 12
MINNESOTA - 12
Notre Dame - 12

This is not horseshoes, but it shows Brew has been close. As we all know, the team / program needs to start finishing. Here's to this trend starting soon.

a Brester supporter could point to this and say we are close and a play here or there and things would be different. or a non-Brewster supporter could argue that a play here and there is the difference in a close game but Brewster hasn't recruited enough playmakers to turn the corner in close games or he is just being out coached in the close games.

Figure of speech... although the head coach went out of his way to say the place was "on fire" after they went up 14-13.

It was, figuratively of course. What's wrong with Brew saying that - he called it as he saw it?

Really though, doogie, you are a professional writer wheter you like to think of yourself that way or not. You don't get to get away with using a figure of speech inaccurately anymore.

You complain about how incorrectly people percieve you, yet you do this over and over. It's really dissapointing to me.

Really though, doogie, you are a professional writer wheter you like to think of yourself that way or not. You don't get to get away with using a figure of speech inaccurately anymore.

You complain about how incorrectly people percieve you, yet you do this over and over. It's really dissapointing to me.

Schnoods, you really have to look at yourself to find fault here. It's YOU that is making the mistake of thinking that "Doogie" has any relevance or significance, or for that matter knows more about what he's talking about than anybody else on this board. For anybody who has read most of what he has to say, his credibility was lost long ago.

In short, the sooner you stop expecting more from him than any other clown on this board, the less you'll be disappointed.

Schnoods, you really have to look at yourself to find fault here. It's YOU that is making the mistake of thinking that "Doogie" has any relevance or significance, or for that matter knows more about what he's talking about than anybody else on this board. For anybody who has read most of what he has to say, the credibility was lost long ago

Except I've met him, and know that what he says is not an accurate reflection of what he thinks. He has more to offer.

He is a reflection of his mentors, he just chose bad ones. But they got him a career so I guess that has value to him. Just wish he'd go his own way, I think there would be a payoff for him instead of latching on to the coat tails of yesterdays news.

Except I've met him, and know that what he says is not an accurate reflection of what he thinks. He has more to offer.

He is a reflection of his mentors, he just chose bad ones. But they got him a career so I guess that has value to him. Just wish he'd go his own way, I think there would be a payoff for him instead of latching on to the coat tails of yesterdays news.

Duly noted. As you seem to be a pretty reasonable person, I'll defer to you in this case.

I will say however, that since I don't live there locally with constant access to the local media, I don't have anything to go by with Doogie other than what he writes on here. Going by that, I haven't really seen a lot to lead me to believe that he brings much to the table.

But then again, who does, right? We all think we're the foremost expert, don't we?

Duly noted. As you seem to be a pretty reasonable person, I'll defer to you in this case.

I will say however, that since I don't live there locally with constant access to the local media, I don't have anything to go by with Doogie other than what he writes on here. Going by that, I haven't really seen a lot to lead me to believe that he brings much to the table.

But then again, who does, right? We all think we're the foremost expert, don't we?

I certainly do, and I make everything up as I go.

Schnoodler: are you trying to get me going? For the 10,000th time, what I write on a message board and twitter is a bit different from what I do elsewhere... you also pretend like we've never met... I think you know me at least a little bit.

Schnoodler: are you trying to get me going? For the 10,000th time, what I write on a message board and twitter is a bit different from what I do elsewhere... you also pretend like we've never met... I think you know me at least a little bit.

I did admit to knowing you doogs. And even defended you a bit.

You just have to read a little further down.

Lunch thursday a possibility or is it still a bad day for you?

Top Bottom