Interesting Head Coaching Tidbit

Reaction score
So on NBC's pregame show for the Vikings game tonight they had a segment about the lack of minority coaches in college, 1 out of the 65 BCS schools. During that segment Tony Dungy said he recommended Mike Tomlin to an athletic director he knew personally and that Tomlin didn't even get an interview and then a month later he was the coach of the Steelers. So jut think we could have potentially had Mike Tomlin as the head coach of the Gophers. Just some interesting food for thought.

So on NBC's pregame show for the Vikings game tonight they had a segment about the lack of minority coaches in college, 1 out of the 65 BCS schools. During that segment Tony Dungy said he recommended Mike Tomlin to an athletic director he knew personally and that Tomlin didn't even get an interview and then a month later he was the coach of the Steelers. So jut think we could have potentially had Mike Tomlin as the head coach of the Gophers. Just some interesting food for thought.

If Dungy really wants to see more African-American coaches in the NCAA, I can think of about 50 schools that would be glad to hire him.

The same Mike Tomlin who's team is 6-6 and just lost to the Raiders at home? Not calling Tomlin a bad coach, but I'm sure people are going to say how much better off we would be with him and that is just not true.
________
Strawberry cough pictures

The same Mike Tomlin who's team is 6-6 and just lost to the Raiders at home? Not calling Tomlin a bad coach, but I'm sure people are going to say how much better off we would be with him and that is just not true.

This has to be a joke right? Tomlin has won a Super Bowl as a head coach (he can legitimately put it on his won-loss record) and you honestly are pointing out a loss to the Raiders as a reason Tomlin would not look good as a college head coach?

At least he'd hire an offensive coordinator who could succeed somewhere other than mid-state high school ball.

Frasier

Dungy was quoted back then that he would not consider the Gophers coach but he recommended Leslie Frasier? At the time, I think he was not even a coordinator?

Again I never said he's not a good coach but it's no guarantee that he would have come in to this situation (which is much worse than what he inherited in Pittsburgh) and turned the program around.
________
HONDA NT700 HISTORY

Top Bottom