Instant Replay

Reaction score
I have came to the conclusion that college football would be better off without replay. After seeing too many errors by the replay officials, I feel that if you are going to get it wrong let the officials on the field to screw up, not some faceless guy in the booth.

The replays that seemed to occur after every play in the OU vs Texas game, I've concluded that the officials on the field are using it as a crutch. They look like they just make a call knowing that it will be reviewed, so it doesnt matter.

Alright I feel better getting this off my chest, I just wanted to know if anybody agrees with me or am I crazy?

Sorry, crazy. There are way too many obvious calls that are blown in football, and it's generally pretty easy to correct them.

With instant replay, which official gets the final say on the play, the replay guy or the referee? The reason I bring this up is this year I've noticed calls being overturned, even when the replay seems to not have enough evidence to overturn them. It seems natural that the referee wouldn't overturn any of the field crew's calls unless there was overwhelming replay evidence to do so. So does the replay official have some sort of final say over the referee? I hope not, but some of these overturned calls have been brutal.

That faceless guy is bigten commish Delany. He decides who wins the conference each year. Didn't you know this??

Top Bottom