Insight = Revenge Bowl?

gophmeister

Reaction score
I was reading in the scout article announcing our bowl that Iowa St. hasn't beat us since 1898 and that in 1923 the guy who their stadium is named after died from injuries sustained during that year's game with the gophers. The Insight folks are probably hoping this along with the obvious regional match up will help sell the game. I have to admit I want to go, but when I floated the notion past the future misses, I recieved a chilly response. Apparently I am supposed t0 be saving my money for our wedding. ;)

I would say that means that we are due. It should be a fun, competitive and exciting game. I hope it comes down to the wire and the Cyclones pull it out.

We (Cyclone Nation) are thrilled to be in the Insight Bowl. I can't say that Missouri is quite as pleased with us though. They did get shafted in getting relegated back to the Texas Bowl.

Missouri is going to the Texas Bowl as punishment for loving slavery so much. Happy to be playing ISU, as a Minnesota alum who just signed on to do my PhD in Ames. Much nicer, much classier folks than Missouri.

Ya instead of doing homework I looked this up. Iowa State beat us two years in a row (1897 and again in '98 in a close 0-6 game). We however came back outscoring them 197 - 4 in the next 9 games and went on to win 16 straight until we stopped playing each other regularly in 1915. We did play again in 1990 (the U winning 20 - 16).

Ah, yes, your team once literally murdered one of their players on the field just because he was black. What a wonderfully rich history these schools have.

"Stomp them like Jackie Trice" shirts available on sale now...:clap:

Ah, yes, your team once literally murdered one of their players on the field just because he was black. What a wonderfully rich history these schools have.

Hey if we hadn't stomped on your Ozzie Simmons, football might never have seen a brass pig as traveling trophy, you Herky loving troll:clap:! Don't question our questionably brutal tactics. At least give us some points for having the first black player in the Big Nine.

But did we win the game? Yes we did.

Revenge Game?

Really, the trolls want to turn this into a racial issue from 70 years ago? You want to turn an ISU Minnesota game into a referendum on race?:eek: Even Buckyville wouldn't try that angle.

It could be a "revenge" game for the 1997 53-29 game at the Dome, but the ISU Home game of that series was cancelled.

Forget the trolls, we've tried to set-up home and home games with ISU for years now. It hasn't worked out. Two 6-6 teams shouldn't have any say in who they play in a Bowl game but this match-up is fine with me.

( as an aside Spell Check tried to correct Buckyville to Beckyville. You can't make this stuff up.)

Top Bottom