Insight Bowl Ticket Sales

gopherluv

Reaction score
48,500 is the largest crowd ever for the Insight Bow. As of today they've sold more than 50,000. http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/2008/12/10/20081210tr-insight1210.html

On the MB, a KU fans said they travel fairly well. (20k to the Fort Worth Bowl) Whats the over/under for the number of Minnesota fans that will be in the stands?

Does anybody remember how well we traveled last year? I know we had way more fans than TT.

The Insight Bowl record was two years ago, when the Gophers played there. Coincidence?

We very easily had Texas Tech fans outnumbered, in large part due to the number of Minnesotans who live in Arizona. My guess is we'll represent well again, despite (with the rough economy) a smaller traveling contingent.

Does anyone know how we are doing as far as selling our allotment?

What about two years ago? Did we sell our allotment, or did a bunch of the tickets get bought from other sources than the U's athletic ticket office?

(last year the Indiana/Oklahoma State game had 501 more people than our game in '06 vs TT)

It's interesting to note that the Copper/Insight Bowl has never had attendance over 50K in its 20-year history, but the dreaded Motor City Bowl has been over 50K in 4 of the last 5 years, topped by nearly 61K last year.

sales

In 2006 I bought my tickets through the Insight directly - mistake, I know. This year, everyone seems to be buying them through the ticket office.

Hopefully we see the difference in the final numbers.

Top Bottom