Injuries

Indi1006

Banned
Reaction score
With our vaunted strength and conditioning program, I'm having a hard time believing we have suffered as many injuries as we have; and to our older playes. Other than Harbison these are our veterans going down. The Olson brothers need to get rehabbed up and back out on the field and let's get back to our starting line up from the beginning of the year up front. I think last year our OL was a disaster with injuries, too. If I recall Bunders was the only guy to play every game. Why the apparent trend; just bad luck or is it maybe something something else.

I was wondering our same thing today. Our OL in particular has a terrible time keeping the starters healthy the past two years.

Gopher injuries

Missing 2 starting o linemen, rabe, dct, fruechte at Wisconsin really hurt! From what I hear the team doctors are soft and quick to hold people out- just sayin'! O-line did average with subs, but Rabe,DCT 4.4 40time, and fruechte 4.38 40 time were missed in this one! IMO Coach Kill is a Great coach and will get things turned around here if people are patient and the liberal media leaves him alone!!! It seems like the media wants him to fail?????

We knew this team would struggle to get to 6-7 wins if they were 100% healthy. The injury bug has been brutal, especially at QB, OL and WR.

Yeah, it's too bad.

Before the season started we lost Jimmy Gjere, we were without a slew of OL (Olson, Olson, Bjorklund (key reserve), was Christenson playing?).
We were without our starting TE (Rabe)
Our starting QB was banged up
We were without two of our better receivers and another guy who was supposed to be one of our best (DCT, Fruechte, Harbison).

Injuries happen to everyone, it's no excuse. However, they hit us at tough positions and it's always tough when you're rebuilding because depth is the last thing that a program develops.

Missing 2 starting o linemen, rabe, dct, fruechte at Wisconsin really hurt! From what I hear the team doctors are soft and quick to hold people out- just sayin'! O-line did average with subs, but Rabe,DCT 4.4 40time, and fruechte 4.38 40 time were missed in this one! IMO Coach Kill is a Great coach and will get things turned around here if people are patient and the liberal media leaves him alone!!! It seems like the media wants him to fail?????

If you are going to take shots at the people working their asses off behind the scenes it would be nice to have some basis for it. The medical staff and the coaching staff work hand in hand on a daily basis in regards to the health of the players. Football is a violent game and injuries happen. The medical staff is paid to do everything in their power to get guys back on the field as quick as possible. If they are holding a guy out you can bet there is a very good reason for it.

It ain't 1960

I like your sentiments in supporting Coach Kill and the team but MNVCGUY is right. In
2012 it is a totally different standard when people are healthy. Not a bad thing when you read about concussions or watch former players hobble around in later life.

Agree with Bob too.

If you are going to take shots at the people working their asses off behind the scenes it would be nice to have some basis for it. The medical staff and the coaching staff work hand in hand on a daily basis in regards to the health of the players. Football is a violent game and injuries happen. The medical staff is paid to do everything in their power to get guys back on the field as quick as possible. If they are holding a guy out you can bet there is a very good reason for it.

The coaches and the medical staff are not on the same page. The medical staff is too worried about lawsuits and such. Society is so soft these days!!! The medical staff is hurting the team- and thats a fact!!!

You were one of the last guys I expected to start feeding a troll? :confused:

The coaches and the medical staff are not on the same page. The medical staff is too worried about lawsuits and such. Society is so soft these days!!! The medical staff is hurting the team- and thats a fact!!!
Do you think they were involved in the Kennedy assassination?

Do you think they were involved in the Kennedy assassination?

Maybe u ,as a medical member, should spend more time doing ur job and less time on message boards!!! Seriously, ask the team how many of them feel that they r being held out by medical staff when they could play!!! I know for sure the coaches r frustrated with how many r being held out when they could play!!!

We should get some sort of update with Coach Kill's press conference today that LadyGopher does a great job on.

Maybe u ,as a medical member, should spend more time doing ur job and less time on message boards!!! Seriously, ask the team how many of them feel that they r being held out by medical staff when they could play!!! I know for sure the coaches r frustrated with how many r being held out when they could play!!!

Oh!!! My!!! Gosh!!! You!!! Are!!! So!!! Right!!!

Top Bottom