Initial BCS Standings Released

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Florida St. is at #2 over Oregon. I imagine it is because their schedule has been tougher so far. It isn't by much and I imagine it will change if Oregon beats both UCLA and Stanford in back to back weeks.

A little surprised to see Missouri all the way up to #5. They don't have a single win over a team that is currently in the top 25. Georgia and Florida have both fallen out.

1. Alabama
2. Florida St.
3. Oregon
4. Ohio St.
5. Missouri

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24112691/initial-bcs-standings-released-tide-back-on-top

There are 10 teams I counted who are undefeated. Unbeaten, untied. You have 5 to start this. But then the BS begins. There is no reason for Stanford to be ahead of Baylor, Miami, or Texas Tech. They should be 6-8 . I would say Fresno State should be 9. Northern Illinois 10. Then it becomes 1 loss teams. And the best 1 loss team is VA Tech, second Stanford, then Auburn. If you are a two loss team you shouldn't be on the list.

Florida St. is at #2 over Oregon. I imagine it is because their schedule has been tougher so far. It isn't by much and I imagine it will change if Oregon beats both UCLA and Stanford in back to back weeks.

A little surprised to see Missouri all the way up to #5. They don't have a single win over a team that is currently in the top 25. Georgia and Florida have both fallen out. [/URL]

Missouri beat Georgia at Athens, Vandy at Nashville. and Florida at home. Each was in the top 25 when they played them.

Missouri beat Georgia at Athens, Vandy at Nashville. and Florida at home. Each was in the top 25 when they played them.

Florida is not a great football team. Georgia had everyone injured. I know nothing about Vandy.

I do agree that undefeated teams should be > 1 loss teams. All you can do is beat the teams that are put in front of you.

Top Bottom