Inflation

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Need to add $2 gallon gas tax now!

I fully support the college REPUBLICANS plan of a refundable carbon tax to address global warming.

Biden and Trump both need to die, we need smart creative leaders. The opposite of Trump/Biden....
And the opposite of WALLACE 🤣 and the jamm jamm clan.

Wally

Reaction score
You can tell they’re sending their best and their brightest when they talk about how difficult it is to go through this board each day. Lmao.
Their brains short circuit if they don't live in an echo chamber. Weak minds.

Only person I ever muted was Barnturd, because for a short while I literally wanted to kill him and that wasn't healthy. Then I got over it and unmuted him.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score

Wally

Reaction score

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
Hopefully the housing bubble pops this time...

I don't think we're anywhere near where we were in 2005-2006 when lenders were giving cheap money to people with no provable income. The housing "bubble" will only pop if interest rates increase substantially...then it's bound to pop. For example a $1,000 monthly payment will buy a $237,000 30-yr mortgage at 3% interest, but if we go back to to the 90s and 8% interest rates, it would only buy a $136,000 mortgage. That's a pop.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
I don't think we're anywhere near where we were in 2005-2006 when lenders were giving cheap money to people with no provable income. The housing "bubble" will only pop if interest rates increase substantially...then it's bound to pop. For example a $1,000 monthly payment will buy a $237,000 30-yr mortgage at 3% interest, but if we go back to to the 90s and 8% interest rates, it would only buy a $136,000 mortgage. That's a pop.

If you truly believe that inflation/hyperinflation is coming this is exactly what will happen. I don't think as many people have ARM's now as they did in 2008 so it probably won't be as bad if it happens.

bga1

Reaction score
The current housing market is just bat crazy. People, especially on the first time buyer end of the spectrum, are paying unsustainable prices for houses. If there is an economic downturn for whatever reason and it created a big unemployment event- pop goes the bubble as a lot of heavily leveraged buyers will be upside down. I think that the Fed will move heaven and earth to artificially hold down interest rates because the cost of debt service would explode. At 30 trillion a 4% rate on debt would amount to 1.2 trillion per year in debt service and rising. This year we are going to add 3 trillion in debt and that doesn't include the 1.2 trillion just passed and the 3.5 trillion proposed.

The #1 biggest problem by far is the bloated size of our government and the dependency the population has on the ponzi scheme to continue. That's the bubble upon which all other bubbles depend on.

GopherNE

Reaction score
It's made going through the board each day a whole lot easier and less ridiculous, that's for sure
Are you allowed to block someone without constantly telling everyone you blocked them? Or does that violate ToS?

Wally

Reaction score
The current housing market is just bat crazy. People, especially on the first time buyer end of the spectrum, are paying unsustainable prices for houses.
That's because uber rich investors are buying all that housing stock and turning them into rentals. They have so much money they don't know what to do with it, so they buy up every income producing asset and the average person is priced out of owning anything. Let's cut their taxes again, that should fix it...
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wally

Reaction score
Are you allowed to block someone without constantly telling everyone you blocked them? Or does that violate ToS?
It's like screaming screaming "I need a safe space!!!"

Hilarious
🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
...I think that the Fed will move heaven and earth to artificially hold down interest rates because the cost of debt service would explode...

Yes they will. The downside is that it's contributed to massive wealth inequality with those owning assets getting much richer while doing nothing for, or hurting, those on fixed or low income.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
He feels defeated that he had to block someone in order to move on. He’s just trying to feel better about himself. I hope it works.

Wally

Reaction score
Yes they will. The downside is that it's contributed to massive wealth inequality with those owning assets getting much richer while doing nothing for, or hurting, those on fixed or low income.

Yes, good thing there is an EASY solution called progressive taxation!!!!!!

FormerFatOL

Reaction score

Or....fixing the policies that led to this situation in the first place.

I know. I know. Continuing phucked up policies then punishing those that succeed at using those policies is the American way.

bga1

Reaction score
The worse the government fails the bigger you ask for it to get. Progressive taxes are food for the dragon. You on the left wish to punish success and reward failure and they you are shocked when more and more failure result.

Wally

Reaction score
Continuing phucked up policies then punishing those that succeed at using those policies is the American way.

Its not punishment. Sad that you hate America. If you loved America you would be proud to pay taxes.
The worse the government fails the bigger you ask for it to get. Progressive taxes are food for the dragon. You on the left wish to punish success and reward failure and they you are shocked when more and more failure result.
Taxes have been repeatedly cut for the last 40 years and those cuts mostly benefited the wealthy. Taxes and fees have gotten more regressive.

balds

Reaction score
According to the CEO of Tyson Foods (36 year experience), "unprecedented inflation" has driven the company to raise the average price of its beef by 12%, chicken by 16% and pork by nearly 40%.

Top Bottom