Inflation

Wally

Reaction score
Climate change is an existential threat. Those idiotic republicans refuse to act. But we must. We don’t have time. Entire ecosystems are collapsing!

We are increasing oil production and want to increase drilling.

They don't "have" to be mutually exclusive...

kg21

Reaction score
Climate change is an existential threat. Those idiotic republicans refuse to act. But we must. We don’t have time. Entire ecosystems are collapsing!

We are increasing oil production and want to increase drilling.
AOC........something like 10 more years to live or something like that.

Wally

Reaction score
We need to get off fossil fuels immediately
We are increasing production of fossil fuels
These aren’t mutually exclusive? Add “mutually exclusive” to the concepts that are beyond you.

Ok dumbass, no one is saying we are going to stop using fossil fuels in a day.

You can work towards better green tech and pump oil at the same time, we will have to for decades. It will take many more major climate disasters before we get serious, it's coming, mark my words.

TRF Guy

Reaction score

You can work towards better green tech and pump oil at the same time, we will have to for decades. It will take many more major climate disasters before we get serious, it's coming, mark my words.
Wallace is now Carnac the Magnificent
9DF4A1FC-F0FC-4ABA-BBA8-01EE911E802A.jpeg

John Galt

Reaction score
I have mad respect for you Wally. You’re on here battling every day. Most of the other lefties that used to be here day and night are hiding under their beds waiting for the DeSantis presidency.

John Galt

Reaction score

I remember when Al Gore said that by 2010, or was it 2020, that Florida would be under water. Check Remax for real estate prices- you can’t find anything decent for under a million.

Wally

Reaction score
Check Remax for real estate prices- you can’t find anything decent for under a million.

My brother in law who lives in bum f Michigan was bugging us to get a new house here.

We told him to find one for us, he looked at Zillow and said we need to spend 1.2 to get what we want, which is not boxed in by neighbors and the Wayzata school district...

Wally

Reaction score
State of play: The labor market problems are broadly about COVID, but with root causes that predate the pandemic:

Lost immigrants: There are about 2 million fewer working-age immigrants in the U.S. because of Covid immigration restrictions, according to calculations of census data from two economists at University of California, Davis.

About 1 million are higher-educated working age adults.
The immigration slow down began during the Trump administration.

The Great Retirement: Covid spiked retirement rates. Flush with cash from the booming stock market and fearful for their health in a pandemic, many more older workers left the workforce.

There are 3.3 million more retirees as of October 2021, than January 2020 (aka the before time), according to estimates from economists at the St. Louis Fed. The number exceeded pre-pandemic demographic expectations.

Beleaguered moms: About 1.5 million fewer mothers of school-age kids are actively working compared with pre-pandemic times, according to Misty L. Heggeness, a principal economist at the Census Bureau.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Maybe we should merge the “Defund” thread with the inflation thread

The story may have mentioned it but Newsom’s Zero Bail rule means even if arrested the perps are released and back at it within 24 hours. CA is a mess.

The trains may have to go back to 1880s Wild West tactics and hire guards riding shotgun. Of course, defending property is perhaps the crime now.

Section2

Reaction score
The story may have mentioned it but Newsom’s Zero Bail rule means even if arrested the perps are released and back at it within 24 hours. CA is a mess.

The trains may have to go back to 1880s Wild West tactics and hire guards riding shotgun. Of course, defending property is perhaps the crime now.
That’s exactly the problem. If you don’t want to the police to enforce property rights, fine with me. Then individuals and businesses need broad leeway to use force to protect it themselves.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

OK Bud Kraehling

Wally

Reaction score
The profits of big corporations just reached a 70-year high, even during a pandemic. The ratio of CEO pay in large companies to average workers has ballooned from 20-to-1 in the 1960s, to 320-to-1 now.

Meanwhile, most Americans are going nowhere. The typical worker’s wage is only a bit higher today than it was 40 years ago, when adjusted for inflation.

But the biggest casualty is public trust in democracy.

In 1964, just 29% of voters believed government was “run by a few big interests looking out for themselves”. By 2013, 79% of Americans believed it.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
The typical worker’s wage is only a bit higher today than it was 40 years ago, when adjusted for inflation.
This single comment here pretty much illustrates why there isn't a person on the board who takes you remotely seriously. Maybe read it again for yourself and think about it. I know, it will take you a few minutes but there's a chance it will come to you

Wally

Reaction score
This single comment here pretty much illustrates why there isn't a person on the board who takes you remotely seriously. Maybe read it again for yourself and think about it. I know, it will take you a few minutes but there's a chance it will come to you

Explain it, please.

Instead of bullshit platitudes explain what's wrong with that.

I expect silence or unintelligible gooblygook, prove me wrong. Make an argument, I doubt you can.

Top Bottom