Inflation

KGF

Reaction score
Enhanced unemployment has been gone for months.
I get exactly what you’re saying.
Any government spending can increase inflation. So are you saying we should cut the child tax credit out entirely? Or just the Biden proposed expansion (that is already gone)
It ended at the end of the year. It’s too late now. I think there are already enough entitlements to low income families. Emergencies sometimes may justify emergency such payments.

The results seem to suggest it was ill-advised. The Trump child tax credits are still occurring, but they are REAL child tax credits, not direct payments prior to annual tax child tax credits.

KGF

Reaction score
Right. Coincidentally right around the time a bunch of people started “un-retiring”.
As I had posted in a previous post, an economic expert that I heard said that direct payments padded savings. When those savings start to dwindle, in time, that’s when people get back to work.

If you’re used to living from paycheck to paycheck, it becomes normal. It’s not smart, but it’s how some people manage their spending. Apparently, the extra savings is dwindling and starting to motivate people to head back to jobs.

TRF Guy

Reaction score
Prices up 7% this past year, highest since 1982. I heard it’s just temporary though

howeda7

Reaction score
Enhanced unemployment has been gone for months.
I get exactly what you’re saying.
Any government spending can increase inflation. So are you saying we should cut the child tax credit out entirely? Or just the Biden proposed expansion (that is already gone)
KGF is as confused as Joe Manchin....he knows it's bad and he doesn't want it, but don't ask why.

Wally

Reaction score
Prices up 7% this past year, highest since 1982. I heard it’s just temporary though

GD Joe Biden triggered worldwide inflation. If Trump was still in there prices wouldn't have gone up, everyone would be working and Covid would be over.
Kumbaya

TRF Guy

Reaction score
GD Joe Biden triggered worldwide inflation. If Trump was still in there prices wouldn't have gone up, everyone would be working and Covid would be over.
Kumbaya
Trump Trump Trump. Yawn

bga1

Reaction score
It's a World economy Wally. The US economy has more influence on the World than any othr Country. You will learn this when you get to high school.
Wally is going to have to really hit the books in junior high to get there. I think that the work program might be a better route for him.

Reactions: KGF

Wally

Reaction score
The Idiot crew is pissed off steaks cost more. They don't want ”those people" eating "their" steaks.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

Spoofin

Reaction score
The Idiot crew is pissed off steaks cost more. They don't want ”those people" eating "their" steaks.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
This might be the most pathetic attempt to change the topic I have ever seen. It's OK to admit you are in over your head. Clearly when it comes to any discussion involving money you are. There are months of posts to prove it.... and that's OK. Your wife takes care of that in your family. Thank goodness.

TRF Guy

Reaction score
This might be the most pathetic attempt to change the topic I have ever seen. It's OK to admit you are in over your head. Clearly when it comes to any discussion involving money you are. There are months of posts to prove it.... and that's OK. Your wife takes care of that in your family. Thank goodness.
He and Howard are the Great Defectors of GH

• Haha

Wally

Reaction score
He and Howard are the Great Defectors of GH

You can't make a difinitive statement on any of this, you are just spouting your religion, greed.

That fact that you really believe we would be in a different place economically without Biden pretty much shows how foolish you are.

• Haha

TRF Guy

Reaction score
You can't make a difinitive statement on any of this, you are just spouting your religion, greed.

That fact that you really believe we would be in a different place economically without Biden pretty much shows how foolish you are.
The only fools are you Biden supporters. Take your damn blinders off already

Section2

Reaction score
It's a World economy Wally. The US economy has more influence on the World than any othr Country. You will learn this when you get to high school.
The dollar is the reserve currency of the world and many currencies are pegged to it. Our monetary policy impacts the world.

Wally

Reaction score
The dollar is the reserve currency of the world and many currencies are pegged to it. Our monetary policy impacts the world.

Exactly Bidens actions are a drop in the bucket compared to the Fed.

Wally

Reaction score
If the Fed is to blame for skyrocketing asset prices and the extreme inequality we have now.

Why exactly is it a problem to tax away some of that inequality?

Some guy

Reaction score
If the Fed is to blame for skyrocketing asset prices and the extreme inequality we have now.

If you tax producers they produce less. If they produce less it could exacerbate inflation.
If you tax producers more and the producers themselves consume fewer assets and resources it could stabilize some market prices.

taxes are tough to use to impact prices because there is a lot of unintended consequence and unpredictability

John Galt

Reaction score

Biden declared war on fossil fuels and enacted bans on drilling. But that hasn’t contributed to rising energy prices?

John Galt

Reaction score

We already have Wallace- marginal tax rates.

kg21

Reaction score

🤣🤣🤣🤣
What's next, a president will tweet something your side cries about for days.

Wally

Reaction score
If you tax producers they produce less. If they produce less it could exacerbate inflation.
If you tax producers more and the producers themselves consume fewer assets and resources it could stabilize some market prices.

taxes are tough to use to impact prices because there is a lot of unintended consequence and unpredictability

Use taxes to impact money supply. The estate tax is the simple one because you aren't producing anything when you're dead.

I would also like to see a tiny tax on stock transactions, just big enough to eliminate the high speed traders that are essentially leaches on the market.

Beyond those would require a deep dive.

I do know there is tons of money out there that is buying up and consolidating any income producing assets. I don't think this trend os good for upward mobility of the average person.

Wally

Reaction score
Biden declared war on fossil fuels and enacted bans on drilling. But that hasn’t contributed to rising energy prices?

False, Biden administration sold more drilling leases than the Trump administration.

Energy prices are way up because of all the production shut down in 2020, oil production is not a light switch that you can turn off and on.

Section2

Reaction score
False, Biden administration sold more drilling leases than the Trump administration.

Energy prices are way up because of all the production shut down in 2020, oil production is not a light switch that you can turn off and on.
Climate change is an existential threat. Those idiotic republicans refuse to act. But we must. We don’t have time. Entire ecosystems are collapsing!

We are increasing oil production and want to increase drilling.

Top Bottom