Inflation

Wally

Reaction score
I’m ambivalent about them. I would like to encourage the family unit, on the other hand, it is a special interest. Why should a married couple with children benefit over single people with no children. They already get a dependent deduction.

Way to say nothing.

Why should a married couple with children benefit over single people with no children.

Are children essential to the success of the country?

Wally

Reaction score
In any case, Biden’s “child tax credit” is a direct payment for qualifying recipients, increasing the “credit” by $1000/child 6- 17 years old and $3.600 for child under 6, as a part of the American Rescue Plan, expanding it in $ amounts and millions of non-taxpayers.

Why do you hate stay at home moms raising their kids?

howeda7

Reaction score
It was literally part of the 2018 tax bill

are you really not knowledgable? Or are you pretending
Fox News didn't tell him about Big Spending Trump's bill. Only that it was "necessary due to evil Dem Governor's implementing shutdowns" and therefore OK.

Last edited:

Some guy

Reaction score
Fox News didn't tell him about Big Spending Trump's bill. It was "necessary due to evil Dem Governor's implementing shutdowns."
They literally did tell him though. It was what Trump RAN ON

it was his big tax deal that he bragged about

howeda7

Reaction score
The Dem majorities in Congress voted for those things. trump approved…b/c the economy had to shut down temporarily.

They were basically one time payments, not repeating payments as Biden has made them.
Biden's were monthly but already expired.

Face it, you're again raging about Biden doing something when you were silent about Trump doing the exact same thing. Principles of granite.

howeda7

Reaction score
Yeah, that was a real “child tax credit”, for people that paid income taxes. They deduct it from the taxes you owe.

Biden’s so-called “child tax credit” goes to those that don’t pay income taxes. It’s not a tax credit at all. It’s a direct payment for having kids.
It's the same credit in both cases. Desperate flailing pretzel. You've had a # of face plants today. Walk it off.

KGF

Reaction score
Fox News didn't tell him about Big Spending Trump's bill. Only that it was "necessary due to evil Dem Governor's implementing shutdowns" and therefore OK.
You really should read all the posts before you respond. You might refrain from making yourself look stupid.

KGF

Reaction score
Biden's were monthly but already expired.

Face it, you're again raging about Biden doing something when you were silent about Trump doing the exact same thing. Principles of granite.
They expired 10 days ago and he wants to continue them.

In case you didn’t notice, inflation started this past summer.

KGF

Reaction score
It's the same credit in both cases. Desperate flailing pretzel. You've had a # of face plants today. Walk it off.
Did you read my response to Some Guy in post 1104? Did you notice he hasn’t responded?

B/c he’s not a dumbass. He knows when he’s wrong. You don’t.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I remember your screed ripping Trump a new one for passing a similar Covid stimulus...because you're all about principles...
I remember you ripping on the pork in the Trump stimulus and then telling us all "that is just how governement works" in regards to the pork int he Biden stimulus. I also remember you denying it and me posting screen shots as proof. Then you dissapeared. DHB.

howeda7

Reaction score
Did you read my response to Some Guy in post 1104? Did you notice he hasn’t responded?

B/c he’s not a dumbass. He knows when he’s wrong. You don’t.
We can all see you pretzeling to justify your ridiculous position defending Dear Leader and attacking Biden for the same freaking thing. He needs no further comment and neither do I. Pretzel away. Add some cuss words.

howeda7

Reaction score
They expired 10 days ago and he wants to continue them.

In case you didn’t notice, inflation started this past summer.
Inflation starting last summer is mostly due to child tax credits in the 2nd Covid relief bill and nothing to do with worldwide recovery from a pandemic. Brilliant.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Inflation starting last summer is mostly due to child tax credits in the 2nd Covid relief bill and nothing to do with worldwide recovery from a pandemic. Brilliant.
Remember when you said it was just a short term thing that would revert back? Remember when you posted the August CPI numbers (which went up) will strutting that it was proof you were right (IALTO). Forgive someone if they ignore your input on inflation.

• Love
Reactions: KGF

KGF

Reaction score
Please stop re-interpreting my words. You fuck it up so badly that all meaning of my post is lost.

Look at what I said about the money infused into the economy, then STFU. I didn’t say it was the cause of inflation.

from another thread:
23E5B2BE-B485-4275-979A-5ED0980921AF.jpeg

Spoofin

Reaction score
Please stop re-interpreting my words. You fuck it up so badly that all meaning of my post is lost.

Look at what I said about the money infused into the economy, then STFU. I didn’t say it was the cause of inflation.

from another thread:
View attachment 16452
Honesty isn’t really Howie’s strong point 🤷‍♂️

Some guy

Reaction score
Yup.
so I’m asking you a (few) question(s)

1) do you think all child tax credits are bad?
2) Or was it good when trump expanded it?

3) is Biden’s bad in principal? Or is it just bad because of current inflation situation?
4) Is trumps only good because of the economic situation at the time? Or was it always good? Or never good?

You sure want to blame Biden for inflation when the policies you are so against all started under trump. I want to know if you were against them the whole time or only now that there is inflation? Or only now that some have been expanded?

why won’t you explain your position on the issue?
You blamed Biden for bad policy so I want to know when the policies you are blaming for inflation went from good to bad?
Still waiting on a response to this

KGF

Reaction score
Still waiting on a response to this
I’m not sure who you are addressing this too. I answered it. I’m not going to write a dissertation to please you.

Generally, I have mixed feeling about child tax credits. Biden augmented the real child tax credits by giving them to people who don’t pay taxes, which is what I said I objected to, and you proved it with the CNN article that you posted and I replied to.

I am not for direct payments to families with children that don’t pay taxes. We have have other entitlements that address low income families. I’m okay with real child tax credit for those that do pay income taxes.

As bga noted, child tax credits are not new, but the Trump tax reform act of 2018 double it. yes, for people paying income taxes. Not for people who don’t.

That was Biden’s idea. He campaigned on it. He bragged about it when he got it included in the American Covid Rescue Act. He wants to continue it. It wasn’t necessary b/c people were able to go back to work. Biden gave an extra $1000/child for ages 6-17. And $3600/child for children under 6 for incomes lower than $150K annually, but included families that don’t pay taxes. That was never a part of Trump’s child tax credit. How many times do I have to say that?

Yes, giving this money to families exacerbated inflation, along with other direct payments to the unemployed (that made it more profitable not to work than work) and the direct payment of $1,400 that he promised during the Georgia Senate campaigns. Lots of direct payments to people that were perfectly capable of earning a living for themselves.

Again, your CNN article proved that non-income tax paying people didn’t get the Trump child tax credits. Thanks.

61614239-75A0-4270-8FD7-7F8AAE0722AF.jpeg

howeda7

Reaction score

from another thread:
View attachment 16452
So even though inflation is up world wide, in the US the "fans are flamed" by the child tax credits?

howeda7

Reaction score
I’m not sure who you are addressing this too. I answered it. I’m not going to write a dissertation to please you.

**Insert 258 word dissertation/pretzel.**

KGF

Reaction score
He asked a bunch of questions asshole. I’m not going to answer them one by one.

But I’m glad you can count to 258.

Some guy

Reaction score
He asked a bunch of questions asshole. I’m not going to answer them one by one.

But I’m glad you can count to 258.
Saying you have mixed feeling is not an answer to a very specific set of questions.
I’ll take you answer that it’s okay if trump does it but not if Biden does it until you can give me a more nuanced answer.

With the exception to that being you think there should be no benefit for people who don’t net pay taxes regardless of President

KGF

Reaction score
Saying you have mixed feeling is not an answer to a very specific set of questions.
I’ll take you answer that it’s okay if trump does it but not if Biden does it until you can give me a more nuanced answer.

With the exception to that being you think there should be no benefit for people who don’t net pay taxes regardless of President
It’s called a “child tax credit”. You can’t get a credit for something you didn’t pay.

Just call it what it is…a direct payment to low income families with children...or re-distribution of wealth…or negative taxes…but it is not a child tax credit for people that don’t pay taxes.

But what is the purpose of paying people money with children for the pandemic if their situation has not changed? If they were unemployed, many were paid more for being unemployed than they made when they were employed. So, their income is about the same, therefore we need to pay them more money for children? There are 10 million jobs available, but we need to pay them instead of letting them work? What changed that caused them to need more than what they were getting?

And yes, having “mixed feelings” is a legitimate opinion. I said, I favor child tax credits for people who pay taxes, but not for people who don’t. That is a detailed answer.

Some guy

Reaction score
And yes, having “mixed feelings” is a legitimate opinion. I said, I favor child tax credits for people who pay taxes, but not for people who don’t. That is a detailed answer.
this is a better answer than you had given previously.

So you don’t think the child tax credit is a cause of inflation then?
Or you think it is but you’re okay with it for some people and not others?

KGF

Reaction score
this is a better answer than you had given previously.

So you don’t think the child tax credit is a cause of inflation then?
Or you think it is but you’re okay with it for some people and not others?
My god SG. I literally just repeated myself from 50 minutes ago. But it’s a better answer?

F11A38E3-745B-4C44-BDA8-7C08276E92A2.jpeg

It isn’t the “cause”, but it exacerbates inflation. You flood the public with money that they wouldn’t otherwise have while there is a supply shortage from the pandemic. More dollars chasing too few goods. Inflation. Along with hikes in minimum wages all over the country. Enhanced unemployment benefits which forces employers to pay even more to employees b/c they‘re making more from the government.

Yes, a very bad time to give away “child tax credits” to people that didn’t pay taxes.

That’s my last word. I hope you’re smarter than howie.

Some guy

Reaction score
My god SG. I literally just repeated myself from 50 minutes ago. But it’s a better answer?

View attachment 16454

It isn’t the “cause”, but it exacerbates inflation. You flood the public with money that they wouldn’t otherwise have while there is a supply shortage from the pandemic. More dollars chasing too few goods. Inflation. Along with hikes in minimum wages all over the country. Enhanced unemployment benefits which forces employers to pay even more to employees b/c they‘re making more from the government.

Yes, a very bad time to give away “child tax credits” to people that didn’t pay taxes.

That’s my last word. I hope you’re smarter than howie.
Enhanced unemployment has been gone for months.
I get exactly what you’re saying.
Any government spending can increase inflation. So are you saying we should cut the child tax credit out entirely? Or just the Biden proposed expansion (that is already gone)

Top Bottom