Inflation

Wally

Reaction score
Its so selfless of you. You are so caring for others. It just radiates off your posts.
Lol.l, never said I was a saint or wanted to be mother Theresa.仄潑儭

I try to be good, but give me the power and I would be a mad king....

Hmm maybe that's why I don't want anyone to have to much power?
Because I know what I would do with it.
仄潑儭

Section2

Reaction score
Lol.l, never said I was a saint or wanted to be mother Theresa.仄潑儭

I try to be good, but give me the power and I would be a mad king....

Hmm maybe that's why I don't want anyone to have to much power?
Because I know what I would do with it.
仄潑儭
The FDA alone has more power than any billionaire. The Fed has more power than all the billionaires combined.

Section2

Reaction score
Oil is a world market and as close to "Capitalism" as humans are ever going to get.
It would be worthy of a discussion with you if you had the foggiest idea what capitalism is.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Oil is a world market and as close to "Capitalism" as humans are ever going to get.
Note that the central tenant of anarcho-capitalism is total deregulation of all markets, and the exact topic of the discussion is markets and market manipulation by suppliers .... yet he avoids that like cancer and tries to deflect to subjective definitions of capitalism.

What. A. Coward.

Easy then to see why Libertarians, let alone anarcho-capitalisms, always lose these debates and in the end convince very few people that what they believe in is the correct way to view the world!

Wally

Reaction score
The FDA alone has more power than any billionaire. The Fed has more power than all the billionaires combined.
They can be bought by a billionaire and are regularly.

They also have a mechanism by which the population can hold them accountable. There is no one holding billionaires accountable.

It's hilarious that you are so brainwashed you carry the billionaires water continuously with no benefit to you. I wouldn't expect any less from an econ grad, you turned out exactly how they bought you to be.

Spoofin

Reaction score
It would be worthy of a discussion with you if you had the foggiest idea what capitalism is.
It seems you have taken over my previous role of trying to deal with Wally. I couldn't keep up with the goal-post moving and complete nonsense. He also isn't a good person. He likes to try and pretend he is but wishes others dead and disgraceful things for children. Good Luck.

Wally

Reaction score
It seems you have taken over my previous role of trying to deal with Wally. I couldn't keep up with the goal-post moving and complete nonsense. He also isn't a good person. He likes to try and pretend he is but wishes others dead and disgraceful things for children. Good Luck.
Spoof is such a baby. Who gets upset about a random person who doesn't know them on the internet?

Assumes I am talking about his minor daughter when I didn't even know he had a daughter. So easy to trigger.不

Yes Spoof, I hope your daughter is a billionaires plaything, when she is an adult, it's probably what you dream for her also. It's better than the serfdom she has in her future.
云

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
They can be bought by a billionaire and are regularly.

They also have a mechanism by which the population can hold them accountable. There is no one holding billionaires accountable.

It's hilarious that you are so brainwashed you carry the billionaires water continuously with no benefit to you. I wouldn't expect any less from an econ grad, you turned out exactly how they bought you to be.
Explain how a billionaire buys the FDA?

whats the mechanism for the public to hold the Fed accountable? The board isnt voted on by the public. The public doesnt even understand what the Fed does. How can they hold them accountable?

hold billionaires accountable for what? What is this lack of accountability really about?

I dont give a shit about billionaires. I cant think of one that affects my life in any way except minor positives. In two world they at least have to earn their money rather than rely on politicians to reduce their competition or grant them monopolies (the system you support).

One of us is brainwashed. Its probably the confused stay at home dad.

Section2

Reaction score
Sorry we don't live in Deucetopia. I would rather discuss the real world.
If you dont want to talk about capitalism, dont bring it up.
if you dont know what capitalism is, dont bring it up.
the word should never leave your mouth.

kg21

Reaction score

whats the mechanism for the public to hold the Fed accountable? The board isnt voted on by the public. The public doesnt even understand what the Fed does. How can they hold them accountable?

hold billionaires accountable for what? What is this lack of accountability really about?

I dont give a shit about billionaires. I cant think of one that affects my life in any way except minor positives. In two world they at least have to earn their money rather than rely on politicians to reduce their competition or grant them monopolies (the system you support).

One of us is brainwashed. Its probably the confused stay at home dad.
The Fed is a private organization. It has nothing to do with the government.

Most people think the fed is part of the gov't.

The word federal throws everyone off. Is federal express a gov't agency?

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score

Wally

Reaction score
The drug companies do.

It's quite easy, you do what they want and you get a fat job and fat paycheck when you decide to transition to the private sector .

Section2

Reaction score
The drug companies do.

It's quite easy, you do what they want and you get a fat job and fat paycheck when you decide to transition to the private sector .
Companies are not billionaires. Corporations themselves are government creations. Not capitalist creations.

thats not at all how the FDA works. You have a cartoonish understanding of the world.

Go4Broke

Reaction score

On earnings calls, plenty of executives complained about the squeeze from rising costs of labor as well as materials. But overall, profits were up 37% from a year earlier, according to data out last week from the Commerce Department.

Businesses have been paying out more cash to their employees too, with total compensation up 12% in the last quarter from a year earlier. Thats partly because millions of Americans went back to work -- but also because many got a raise when they did so. Hourly earnings broadly kept up with the fast-rising cost of living, and in some low-pay industries like leisure and hospitality they comfortably outpaced it.

Viewed that way, it looks like everyones coming out ahead, and so much for the great zero-sum struggle between labor and capital. At Deere & Co., for example -- the tractor maker thats seen the highest-profile strike of the pandemic -- workers held out to get a 10% raise, yet the company is still expected to earn even more next year than the record profit it posted Wednesday.

If profits are strong, theres going to be continued demand for workers, and in a tight labor market theres going to be continued upward pressure on wages and compensation, says Robert C. King, director of research at the Jerome Levy Forecasting Center in Mount Kisco, New York.

What all of that shows, says King, is a strong economy, not one thats about to be tipped into recession by surging prices. As for how that growth gets shared out, King acknowledges therell be local fights between labor and capital but reckons that, overall, the idea is somewhat an illusion - because when firms dole out cash to workers, they generally hand it right back. Individual firms might not see that, he says. But businesses in the aggregate can safely say that when they spend more money on workers, thats going to be a situation where there is more revenue coming back to them.

Last edited:

Go4Broke

Reaction score
The EIU reports that, on average, prices for the goods and services covered by the index have risen by 3.5% year on year in local-currency terms, compared with an increase of just 1.9% this time last year. All over the world, it's been a tough year on wallets. Supply-chain blockages and changing consumer demand have pushed up the cost of living in many of our biggest cities, according to new research published Wednesday, and inflation is the fastest recorded over the past five years.

Those much-reported global supply-chain problems have contributed to price rises and the Covid-19 pandemic and social restrictions are still affecting production and trade around the world. With a new coronavirus variant currently causing widespread alarm, these issues won't be going away in a hurry. Rising oil prices drove a 21% increase in the price of unleaded petrol, reports the EIU, but there were also big price hikes in the recreation, tobacco and personal care categories.

World's most expensive cities to live 2021​

1. Tel Aviv, Israel
2. (tie) Paris, France
2. (tie) Singapore
4. Zurich, Switzerland
5. Hong Kong
6. New York City, New York
7. Geneva, Switzerland
8. Copenhagen, Denmark
9. Los Angeles, California
10. Osaka, Japan
11. Oslo, Norway
12. Seoul, South Korea
13. Tokyo, Japan
14. (tie) Vienna, Austria
14. (tie) Sydney, Australia
16. Melbourne, Australia
17. (tie) Helsinki, Finland
17. (tie) London, UK
19. (tie) Dublin, Ireland
19. (tie) Frankfurt, Germany
19. (tie) Shanghai, China

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/world-most-expensive-cities-2021/index.html

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
Corporations are people, my friend.

The irony.
People dont lose their constitutional rights when they organize together as a corporation. Thats all your sound byte meant. Its obviously true but you fell for the crappy meme.

Wallys preeminent example of billionaires unaccountably buying the FDA came down to influence peddling by mid level FDA managers in exchange for getting lucrative private sector jobs down the road.

Wally

Reaction score
Companies are not billionaires. Corporations themselves are government creations. Not capitalist creations.

thats not at all how the FDA works. You have a cartoonish understanding of the world.
No rich guys have ever started a drug company....

You have the fantasy cartoon view of the world. Lol.

FDA's revolving door: Companies often hire agency staffers who managed their successful drug reviews

kg21

Reaction score

FDA's revolving door: Companies often hire agency staffers who managed their successful drug reviews
Rich guys are bad, poor guys are good?

Did I do that right?

Why are you so scared of the rich? Is it jealousy, or are you a victim?

Section2

Reaction score

Link to a billionaire starting a drug company?

your link and posts support my point, not yours. Thats the problem with government regulation and control. It gives bureaucrats a LOT to sell and enrich themselves and doesnt make consumers any safer. Mid level bureaucrats selling access in exchange for private sector jobs is not billionaires buying the FDA. And if your compliant is unaccountable billionaires and pharma, look at the Purdue family. Held accountable.

Top Bottom