Inflation

Wally

Reaction score
B/c some people don’t understand energy supply policy, it couldn’t be Biden’s fault. Note the last sentence of the first article.

View attachment 15425

View attachment 15426
Here is the reality and why you have me blocked. You are the dumbass who posts a story from basically the day Biden is inaugurated as proof of him destroying the oil industry.

Reality....

Biden’s tenure, with his administration handing out drilling permits at a rate of more than 300 a month since his inauguration, a faster pace even than under Donald Trump.

The US federal government is on Wednesday launching an auction of more than 80m acres of the gulf for fossil fuel extraction, a record sell-off that will lock in years, and potentially decades, of planet-heating emissions.
The enormous size of the lease sale – covering an area that is twice as large as Florida – is a blunt repudiation of Biden’s previous promise to shut down new drilling on public lands and waters.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
Now, I know you vet your sources carefully, very carefully, and I hate to challenge “Paul Cogan” (who I am sure you have vetted), but you do know the planned fines for California ports have been delayed and not implemented yet - right? Something in the Sept/Oct timeframe (something?) changed and things have improved - prompting the delay in fines. As usual, you can’t be bothered with facts. 🤷‍♂️

Wally

Reaction score
Now, I know you vet your sources carefully, very carefully, and I hate to challenge “Paul Cogan” (who I am sure you have vetted), but you do know the planned fines for California ports have been delayed and not implemented yet - right? Something in the Sept/Oct timeframe (something?) changed and things have improved - prompting the delay in fines. As usual, you can’t be bothered with facts. 🤷‍♂️
So the backlog is clearing organically.
Does that make you mad?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Does that make you mad?
No, it doesn’t make me mad. I’m glad they are (somehow?) getting more workers to help with that. Maybe it is all those that are unretiring?
My comment was clearly directed at yet another example of Howard posting inaccurate information from a random Twitter post. You knew that but love to change the discussion point don’t you. Yesterday was a day he didn’t care about sources. 🤷‍♂️

jovs

Reaction score
Oil prices have fallen 10% in the last week.

Thank You Biden!
Gas prices have peaked and will gradually go down in the next year, globaL supplies were reduced by Opec countries and refineries were slow to come back up after covid shutdowns. This impact on prices will start to negate.

There has also been very little exploration of new oil sources the last few years impacting supply, maybe the push to electric and plug in hybrids is starting to impact future projections for oil demand. What is the time frame for exploration to discovery to production for oil resources, is it a very long term thing

Inflation is temporary, fed reaction to curb it would probably do more harm than good.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Gas prices have peaked and will gradually go down in the next year, globaL supplies were reduced by Opec countries and refineries were slow to come back up after covid shutdowns. This impact on prices will start to negate.

There has also been very little exploration of new oil sources the last few years impacting supply, maybe the push to electric and plug in hybrids is starting to impact future projections for oil demand. What is the time frame for exploration to discovery to production for oil resources, is it a very long term thing

Inflation is temporary, fed reaction to curb it would probably do more harm than good.
Our next car will 100% be full electric.

Can't wait until gasoline is the same thing as kerosene.

Wally

Reaction score
Our next car will 100% be full electric.

Can't wait until gasoline is the same thing as kerosene.

I am thinking the Ford Hybrid Pickup would be good. Have been wanting to see a good hybrid Pickup for at least 10 years. I would like to be able to power my house if something like Texas power disaster happened here.

We have a 2016 car and 2017 truck and are definitely not buying a car until the car market stabilizes. My wife wants a Tesla but thankfully she is really tight with money so that probably isn't happening anytime soon.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score

howeda7

Reaction score
Does that make you mad?
The Fellas: Shutting down an oil pipeline that was 12% finished and wouldn't have gone online for years caused gas prices to sky rocket. F$$% Biden!

Also The Fellas: Threatening to tax vessels backlogged at ports has no impact on their behavior. They won't change a thing until the tax is assessed.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The Fellas: Shutting down an oil pipeline that was 12% finished and wouldn't have gone online for years caused gas prices to sky rocket. F$$% Biden!

Also The Fellas: Threatening to tax vessels backlogged at ports has no impact on their behavior. They won't change a thing until the tax is assessed.
There’s really nothing that he could do…or has done to put us in this fix. It was just inevitable.

Total victim of circumstance. 🤣😂🤣

Spoofin

Reaction score

Look at the DHB scramble. Sorry Dude - you are the one that posted about how once Biden started taxing the ships, things got better. Problem is that Biden never started taxing the ships. He threatened, but never had to because it started improving before he even brought it up. Now, you could just admit that your precious twitter feed let you down again, or you could do what you always do.

howeda7

Reaction score
There’s really nothing that he could do…or has done to put us in this fix. It was just inevitable.

Total victim of circumstance. 🤣😂🤣
There's little he can do. When he does that little, you guys attack it. But if TFG were in office it would be "His policies!"

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I am thinking the Ford Hybrid Pickup would be good. Have been wanting to see a good hybrid Pickup for at least 10 years. I would like to be able to power my house if something like Texas power disaster happened here.

We have a 2016 car and 2017 truck and are definitely not buying a car until the car market stabilizes. My wife wants a Tesla but thankfully she is really tight with money so that probably isn't happening anytime soon.
F150 Lightning. You can use it like a generator.

TRF Guy

Reaction score
Remember now we did save 16 cents on our Fourth of July get together. So what’s the problem? 😎

Top Bottom