Inflation

Section2

Reaction score
Decisions companies made have "0%" to do with the supply chain issues? Please
Those decisions were made in response to government policies. The government shut down businesses, labeled jobs as “essential” or not, etc. COVID itself especially the first wave mainly impacted the elderly. You think that was going to disrupt the supply chain??

You were in favor of government action. The side effects were supply chain and economic dislocation and civil unrest. You were told, you can’t just shut down the economy without huge effects. This is the result. Blaming businesses is pathetic.

howeda7

Reaction score
Those decisions were made in response to government policies. The government shut down businesses, labeled jobs as “essential” or not, etc. COVID itself especially the first wave mainly impacted the elderly. You think that was going to disrupt the supply chain??

You were in favor of government action. The side effects were supply chain and economic dislocation and civil unrest. You were told, you can’t just shut down the economy without huge effects. This is the result. Blaming businesses is pathetic.
I'm not "blaming" them. But it's also silly to lay 100% of blame on "government".

This was a once a century pandemic. Most of the business closures were similar in states that had "shutdowns" and those that didn't. The huge economic slowdown would have occurred no matter what.

Most if not all industries didn't know what demand would do when the pandemic eased and vastly underestimated it. And now we're trying to clear a massive backlog. A huge % of this problem would have occurred whether there were lock downs or not. Your black and white world view can't handle it. Again.

Section2

Reaction score
I'm not "blaming" them. But it's also silly to lay 100% of blame on "government".

This was a once a century pandemic. Most of the business closures were similar in states that had "shutdowns" and those that didn't. The huge economic slowdown would have occurred no matter what.

Most if not all industries didn't know what demand would do when the pandemic eased and vastly underestimated it. And now we're trying to clear a massive backlog. A huge % of this problem would have occurred whether there were lock downs or not. Your black and white world view can't handle it. Again.
Business closures weren’t “decisions they made” they were economic reality. If you want to argue that consumer decisions changed fine. Fed by government and media and I won’t even go into their motives.
How many stops and starts did MN alone have? Remember the bars in rural MN that Ellison went after? You guys own this. But think of all the lives you saved.

You are also confusing economic activity with supply chain.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Business closures weren’t “decisions they made” they were economic reality.
Yes indeed, they were decisions.

Chose to choke off completely, some key, vital parts of the supply chain solely in the name of minimizing profit loss, knowing full well it would take 18, 24, more months to bring them back to 2019 levels, once they pulled that lever.

That's capitalism.

Wally

Reaction score
How many stops and starts did MN alone have? Remember the bars in rural MN that Ellison went after? You guys own this. But think of all the lives you saved.

Sure things didn't work out perfectly, how many case studies did they have to go on?
Monday morning quarterback, anyone can look like a genius.

Section2

Reaction score
Sure things didn't work out perfectly, how many case studies did they have to go on?
Monday morning quarterback, anyone can look like a genius.
It’s not Monday morning QBing, I said the same thing at the time.

Wally

Reaction score
It’s not Monday morning QBing, I said the same thing at the time.

The right wing shift didn't happen until it became apparent that Covid killed Blacks, other brown people, old and/or fat people preferentially.

I remember it well because when that became apparent I felt safer and that is exactly when the right pushed back against any restrictions.

I hope we get a much more deadly variant soon, that would be hilarious.

Section2

Reaction score
The right wing shift didn't happen until it became apparent that Covid killed Blacks, other brown people, old and/or fat people preferentially.

I remember it well because when that became apparent I felt safer and that is exactly when the right pushed back against any restrictions.

Nonsense.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score

so the answer to rising prices is to create more money and provide it to pay for those higher prices. Doesn’t that simply lead to more money in the system and more inflation.

Section2

Reaction score

so the answer to rising prices is to create more money and provide it to pay for those higher prices. Doesn’t that simply lead to more money in the system and more inflation.
Duh

Angry

Reaction score

The Dems just want a higher $ amount subsidized to oil companies that they can later complain about.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Yeah, all those major oil companies that provide heat to homes. :sneaky:

Wally

Reaction score
Nonsense.
It corresponded exactly with me becoming less worried about Covid and my reasoning was as I described. So yea, once it became apparent it was way more Blacks dying all the southern governors went completely anti covid restrictions. I saw it because I kind of had the same thoughts at the same time, with regards to my personal risk.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The biggest natural gas company is EQT and is not even Fortune 500.

People don't burn gasoline to heat their homes.

howeda7

Reaction score
Business closures weren’t “decisions they made” they were economic reality. If you want to argue that consumer decisions changed fine. Fed by government and media and I won’t even go into their motives.
Sure. If not for "the media" and "government" scare-monging everyone would have kept going to work, shopping and going out to eat like normal. Please.

Like 2? How much do rural MN bars have to with current supply chain/inflation issues? Relative to South "Freedom" Dakota, 5,426 Minnesotans were saved. I know you see zero value in that.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
IE, all those Fortune 500 petro companies get a small sliver, if any, of their massive revenues from natural gas products.

It's mostly crude oil, where the big money is.

And only 48% of homes in the country use natural gas for home heating.

Spoofin

Reaction score

You are such a fool

bga1

Reaction score
It corresponded exactly with me becoming less worried about Covid and my reasoning was as I described. So yea, once it became apparent it was way more Blacks dying all the southern governors went completely anti covid restrictions. I saw it because I kind of had the same thoughts at the same time, with regards to my personal risk.
So in your own stupid way you stumbled onto the actual reason that the left participated in GOF with China, that they promote abortion, that they pump welfare programs. The left is racist. All of these things kill black people.

Angry

Reaction score
Is any other form higher than 48%?

bga1

Reaction score
Which is precisely why you tax the wealthy dummy!!!!
The wealthy pay a far greater share of the total taxes than they intake in terms of share of total income. You want to punish success and reward failure. Historically not smart.

TRF Guy

Reaction score
Is any other form higher than 48%?
About 48 percent of all U.S. homes use natural gas for heating, while electricity is used in 37 percent, U.S. Census Bureau data show. About 14 percent use other fuels.

Top Bottom