Inflation

Wally

Reaction score
yeah Afghanistan was a disaster, but it’s only because Trump made us withdraw with his deadline!

We’d still be there if trump was president.
Yep, he was a f wimp.

Wally

Reaction score
You do that Wallace 🥲
Only thing I am crying about is slow drivers in the left lane and having to work nights
this week, $80/hour isn't enough.

Higher prices for food, gasoline and most other items helped pushed consumer sentiment to an 11-year low in October.

"Inflation is going to help push the economy into recession," said Peter Schiff, chief economist and global strategist at Euro Pacific Capital.

Did their bootstraps break?
Why don't they just get a better job if they don't make enough?
🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Spoofin

Reaction score
It applies to inflation also.
Quit being a whiny victim.
🤷🏼‍♂️
LOL. Just because I was right about inflation months ago when some loonies on here were yapping about temporary supply issues, costs reverting, and my personal favorite - a slight easing of the torrid pace of the CPI in August (Wally) - doesn’t mean I’m whining. Quit being butt hurt that you got it all wrong.

Wally

Reaction score
LOL. Just because I was right about inflation months ago when some loonies on here were yapping about temporary supply issues, costs reverting, and my personal favorite - a slight easing of the torrid pace of the CPI in August (Wally) - doesn’t mean I’m whining. Quit being butt hurt that you got it all wrong.
I didn't deny inflation was happening. I was saying that the enhanced unemployment was not a primary driver of said inflation.
🤷🏼‍♂️

Spoofin

Reaction score
I didn't deny inflation was happening. I was saying that the enhanced unemployment was not a primary driver of said inflation.
🤷🏼‍♂️
Well, I think you have been saying it isn't a primary driver of the labor shortage - which although I am sure we all agree that is helping to drive inflation - the scale is different. But, anyway, my reference was about you and Howie acting like the CPI only increasing 0.1% in August instead of the expected 0.3% meant that the whole Inflation thing was overblown. IALTO

Wally

Reaction score
Well, I think you have been saying it isn't a primary driver of the labor shortage
Both

which although I am sure we all agree that is helping to drive inflation
A little. The crash in oil prices and the shutdown of production which can't be restarted instantly is a much bigger factor than all of it. The things happening in China with power and Covid is also a bigger factor than all of it. The changing consumption patterns due to Covid and the ensuing chip shortage is a bigger factor also.

When will this labor shortage end, the Covid stimulus and enhanced unemployment are basically over. When?

Wally

Reaction score
But, anyway, my reference was about you and Howie acting like the CPI only increasing 0.1% in August instead of the expected 0.3% meant that the whole Inflation thing was overblown.
I don't even know what you're talking about here. I don't follow the CPI as close as you.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Yea I have a running tally in my head of the CPI.
I don't stare at it at work like Spoof.
Not sure if I have ever brought up the CPI. Maybe? You and Howie were all over it meaning something in August. Haven’t heard about it since. 🤷‍♂️

Spoofin

Reaction score
Both

A little. The crash in oil prices and the shutdown of production which can't be restarted instantly is a much bigger factor than all of it. The things happening in China with power and Covid is also a bigger factor than all of it. The changing consumption patterns due to Covid and the ensuing chip shortage is a bigger factor also.

When will this labor shortage end, the Covid stimulus and enhanced unemployment are basically over. When?
There are lots of factors in inflation. Labor shortage being one of them. That was my point in the post you just quoted.

Your last question is more of your BS. Never did I say EUI was the only cause nor that removing it would fix everything instantly. It has turned in that direction - I wonder why 🤷‍♂️. You still argue that folks wouldn’t choose to sit at home if they could make the same as working. Okey Dokey. The one time you threw out making a bet on the open jobs number I said sure and you walked away. More fun for you to just keep claiming I said things I never did. Trolling has become your thing. Super cool.

Wally

Reaction score
You still argue that folks wouldn’t choose to sit at home if they could make the same as working
Yes of course, people who work for a shit wage without benefits. And you know what, IDGAF, good for them! Sorry if I offend you by speaking up for them, but I will anyway.

Lots of people getting fucked in this world. I have benefited greatly from the system we have and yet I see it for what it is, and that is exploitive on many levels.

bga1

Reaction score
Even Obama's guy warned the Biden administration about inflation. They didn't listen:

Rattner, who served as counselor to the Treasury Secretary in the Obama administration and has donated hundreds of thousands to Democrats according to Federal Election Commission findings, asked, "How could an administration loaded with savvy political and economic hands have gotten this critical issue so wrong?"

He said it started with the $1.9-trillion coronavirus relief package President Joe Biden signed this year.

"The original sin was the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan, passed in March. The bill — almost completely unfunded — sought to counter the effects of the Covid pandemic by focusing on demand-side stimulus rather than on investment," he wrote. "That has contributed materially to today’s inflation levels."

I think that the line Spoofin so often mocks Howie and the sheep with is: "But nothing could be done about it." :)

howeda7

Reaction score
Even Obama's guy warned the Biden administration about inflation. They didn't listen:

Rattner, who served as counselor to the Treasury Secretary in the Obama administration and has donated hundreds of thousands to Democrats according to Federal Election Commission findings, asked, "How could an administration loaded with savvy political and economic hands have gotten this critical issue so wrong?"

He said it started with the $1.9-trillion coronavirus relief package President Joe Biden signed this year.

"The original sin was the $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan, passed in March. The bill — almost completely unfunded — sought to counter the effects of the Covid pandemic by focusing on demand-side stimulus rather than on investment," he wrote. "That has contributed materially to today’s inflation levels."

I think that the line Spoofin so often mocks Howie and the sheep with is: "But nothing could be done about it." :)
Trump's Covid relief package was totally fine though, right? And if he'd passed a second one after he was re-elected (by a lot!) that also would have been fine with you.

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Cool beans. Jon Cooper thinks we should be celebrating and acknowledging a 29% decrease from what was an unprecedented situation here

Like we let our boat completely fill up with water, but just yesterday I managed to dump out an ice cream bucket of water so that's good, right? I should get a pat on the back, right?

howeda7

Reaction score
Why didn’t you comment when we set a record a week ago?
Because no one in your circle was commenting. Your opinions don’t come from your brain.
Because the President always gets way too much credit and way too much blame for things like the stock market, gas prices inflation and unemployment. If you guys are going to shriek and scream "let's go Brandon" about all of the above, shouldn't he also get credit when it improves?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Inflation hit 4.2% in the UK, which has a Conservative Government.

It is a worldwide problem, caused be decisions that companies made at the beginning of the pandemic.
And by the sudden, rapid change in behaviors of people during the pandemic.

3rd graders know it.

Section2

Reaction score
Because the President always gets way too much credit and way too much blame for things like the stock market, gas prices inflation and unemployment. If you guys are going to shriek and scream "let's go Brandon" about all of the above, shouldn't he also get credit when it improves?
He gets blamed for leading the charge on a huge spending bill in the midst of an overheated economy, high inflation, and high demand environment. I don’t support Trumps covid stimulus either. But a year ago we had a different picture.

The Biden admin compounded the problem by downplaying inflation despite their own experts warning them, arguing it was good, transitory, etc. And now they are blaming republicans.

howeda7

Reaction score
He gets blamed for leading the charge on a huge spending bill in the midst of an overheated economy, high inflation, and high demand environment. I don’t support Trumps covid stimulus either. But a year ago we had a different picture.

The Biden admin compounded the problem by downplaying inflation despite their own experts warning them, arguing it was good, transitory, etc. And now they are blaming republicans.
If Trump had won, they likely would have passed a second Covid bill. Perhaps smaller but still huge. And you'd be saying "I don't really agree with it but I'm waiting to see."

Section2

Reaction score
If Trump had won, they likely would have passed a second Covid bill. Perhaps smaller but still huge. And you'd be saying "I don't really agree with it but I'm waiting to see."
Your predictions about trumps future actions don’t move the needle. I am opposed to ALL federal stimulus. 100%. Biden is president and he did push for and sign this bill, he alone owns it.
He actually Is pushing for a second bill that’s much bigger. We can’t consider that?

Top Bottom