Inflation

Spoofin

Reaction score
Stupid average Americans being wrong on something.

There are also tons of places where milk was $1.99 in 2018. But that guy responding sure proved that couple who has adopted like 8 kids and is raising a foster kid are a couple of stupid racist liars.
And @howeda7 piled right on. CNN!!!

Spoofin

Reaction score

TRF Guy

Reaction score
U.S. consumer prices accelerated at the fastest annual pace in more than 30 years as supply chain bottlenecks and materials shortages persisted and gasoline prices surged

The consumer price index climbed 6.2% year over year in October, the Labor Department said. The increase marked the largest annual gain since November 1990. Prices rose 0.9% month over month.

Analysts surveyed by Refinitiv were expecting prices to rise 0.6% in October and 5.8% annually.

Core prices, which exclude food and energy, increased 0.6% month over month and 4.6% over the past 12 months. Economists were expecting respective increases of 0.4% and 4.3%.

bga1

Reaction score
U.S. consumer prices accelerated at the fastest annual pace in more than 30 years as supply chain bottlenecks and materials shortages persisted and gasoline prices surged

The consumer price index climbed 6.2% year over year in October, the Labor Department said. The increase marked the largest annual gain since November 1990. Prices rose 0.9% month over month.

Analysts surveyed by Refinitiv were expecting prices to rise 0.6% in October and 5.8% annually.

Core prices, which exclude food and energy, increased 0.6% month over month and 4.6% over the past 12 months. Economists were expecting respective increases of 0.4% and 4.3%.
I think that the key to slowing inflation would be to spend another 2-3 trillion. Just print the money! Let's Go Brandon! Whip Inflation Now! :)

Section2

Reaction score
The American Dream....

‘The Great Resignation’ is creating more entrepreneurs, side hustlers, and freelancers​

That would be great if it were true. But no, people who used to work at gas stations, convenience stores, coffee shops, and restaurants didn’t all suddenly become entrepreneurs.

Section2

Reaction score

It’s going to get a lot worse in January if Biden insists on his mandate, and it will continue to get worse regardless. Fed cannot stop this train. Biden will make it worse.

Spoofin

Reaction score

6.2% year-over-year. YIKES. At this point I'm just wondering if our resident Ds can finally admit that inflation is happening and this isn't just a temporary blip that will revert back? I feel dumb having to ask, but it wasn't long ago.......

Wally

Reaction score
6.2% year-over-year. YIKES. At this point I'm just wondering if our resident Ds can finally admit that inflation is happening and this isn't just a temporary blip that will revert back? I feel dumb having to ask, but it wasn't long ago.......
Jack up interest rates NOW.

Love to see this bubble explode, I am finally in a position to take advantage of a bubble popping. 2008 was sadly about 8 years to early.

Boom Bust
The deregulated American dream baby!!!!

Section2

Reaction score
Jack up interest rates NOW.

Love to see this bubble explode, I am finally in a position to take advantage of a bubble popping. 2008 was sadly about 8 years to early.

Boom Bust
The deregulated American dream baby!!!!
Boom bust is the regulated American dream, caused entirely by the Fed and unsustainable banking system. So enjoy your regulated world!
We’re a million miles from jacking up rates. A good start would be to stop pumping money in to the system.

Section2

Reaction score
That's not regulation. No one controls the Fed.
Chairman appointed by the executive branch. Powers granted by congress. Ability to control and regulate interest rates, mortgage rates, full employment and inflation. It’s not regulation? What is it? You think that describes a market?
I must assume you agree with me that we should end the fed, as they don’t do any regulatory activities and are private?

Wally

Reaction score
Chairman appointed by the executive branch. Powers granted by congress. Ability to control and regulate interest rates, mortgage rates, full employment and inflation. It’s not regulation? What is it? You think that describes a market?
I must assume you agree with me that we should end the fed, as they don’t do any regulatory activities and are private?
In all honesty things are pretty fucking good in this country, so no I can't say I actually want to dismantle the system we have in place.

Incremental changes, yes, but what you advocate scares me and if the world lost faith in the US due to it, then all of our power evaporates with that loss of confidence.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Once again the truth doesn't matter. Milk was $1.99 under Trump. I remember it fondly!

Geezus howie, she’s saying how much SHE PAID. Not what the average national price of milk was and is.

I pay $2 a gallon at the store I go to b/c I buy it on sale for getting two gallons. I doubt this will last much longer. EVERYTHING is going up and people a pissed about it…except you. You’re just in denial and will continue to be for some time.

howeda7

Reaction score
Geezus howie, she’s saying how much SHE PAID. Not what the average national price of milk was and is.
I'm not denying there is inflation now. I'm calling out her BS "good old days" memories of what it was under Trump. It's extremely unlikely she was paying $1.99/gallon in 2019 or 2020 when everyone else was pay8ing $3 and you know it. Getting some fuel saver discount is irrelevant and not apples to apples.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
No no. You Righties have it all wrong. The economy is great b/c inflation increases your wealth. 😳

"Any discussion of inflation needs to include the context in which it’s happening. Historically, recessions have left Americans poorer, not better off. But the Covid recession was different," Surowiecki wrote. "As people shifting their habits drastically in response to the pandemic, they spent much less and saved more. Even though millions of Americans lost their jobs, enhanced unemployment benefits and stimulus payments left many of them better off, not worse. And the stock market, after initially falling, boomed."

Surowiecki proclaimed that Americans ended up "$13.5 trillion richer" by the end of 2020 than at the beginning of the year, acknowledging "most of the wealth" went to the wealthy but "lower-income households benefited, too."

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I'm not denying there is inflation now. I'm calling out her BS "good old days" memories of what it was under Trump. It's extremely unlikely she was paying $1.99/gallon in 2019 or 2020 when everyone else was pay8ing $3 and you know it. Getting some fuel saver discount is irrelevant and not apples to apples.
Different parts of the country pay different amounts for items. Milk in Florida is relative higher than here in the Midwest. She said her price went from $1.99 to $2.79. That seems pretty realistic to me.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
No, you’re just trying to minimize it’s importance.

BTW, I have a bit of a cold so I bought a small can of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle soup. Not the big ones. Small. $1.99.

It doesn’t hurt me, but there are all these people that Biden claims to care about that are getting hammered economically b/c he wants to raise traditional energy prices, mandate the vaccine and cost people their jobs, all of which contributes to higher transportation prices and short supplies.

howeda7

Reaction score
No, you’re just trying to minimize it’s importance.

BTW, I have a bit of a cold so I bought a small can of Campbell’s Chicken Noodle soup. Not the big ones. Small. $1.99.

It doesn’t hurt me, but there are all these people that Biden claims to care about that are getting hammered economically b/c he wants to raise traditional energy prices, mandate the vaccine and cost people their jobs, all of which contributes to higher transportation prices and short supplies.
I'm not minimizing it's importance. I'm mocking the idea that it's the President's "fault" and that he could "fix" it if he really wanted to. Just as you would be if your hero was still in office.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I'm not minimizing it's importance. I'm mocking the idea that it's the President's "fault" and that he could "fix" it if he really wanted to. Just as you would be if your hero was still in office.
He‘s only taking actions to make it worse. In fact, actions that are highly exacerbating it.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
"Highly". :rolleyes:
Yes. Highly.

He and other Democrat politicians have attempted to shut down the economy for a lengthy period of time over the course of covid and it, along with a number of dubious policies, have significantly contributed to inflation.

howeda7

Reaction score
Yes. Highly.

He and other Democrat politicians have attempted to shut down the economy for a lengthy period of time over the course of covid and it, along with a number of dubious policies, have significantly contributed to inflation.
Biden hasn't "shut down" much of anything at all. Why do you lie?

Section2

Reaction score
In all honesty things are pretty fucking good in this country, so no I can't say I actually want to dismantle the system we have in place.

Incremental changes, yes, but what you advocate scares me and if the world lost faith in the US due to it, then all of our power evaporates with that loss of confidence.
They are?

What does it mean if “the world” “lost faith” in the US? What power evaporates? The states power? What if we had a much smaller state and military power and control but a thriving society and economy and culture?

Section2

Reaction score
I’d add, it’s not Bidens “communist agenda”. I don’t think Biden is a communist. I think he’s a feeble idiot who’s not really in charge. But related to policies and inflation, here’s the connection:
-Pandemic provides crisis, progressives LOVE crises, that’s when they push their agenda.
-Dems maximize covid pandemic, crank up the fear factor to 11. Shut down business and education and society in the name of safety. This is also an election tactic.
-Dems shower the public with free money so they don’t bear the brunt of the policies listed above. but which provide excess demand at a time when supply is artificially low.
-Part of Dems crisis strategy is moving forward on climate change, which includes, bankrupting oil companies, shutting down pipelines, limiting truckers from operating in California, and new spending bills.
-decades of overspending (by both sides) and under taxation have created a powder keg of easy credit, overvalued assets, and a giant bubble economy.

Sure, part of these Dem strategies are Marxist, but not Bidens specific progressive policies. He’s just exacerbating a pre existing problem and he’s not equipped to handle what happens if it spirals out of control.

Top Bottom