Inflation

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I'm not tracking this conversation closely, so admittedly I may be off-base here, but that seems pretty close to making Wally's point for him.

Wally said the right is full of shit and they really don't want those things. Even in my reply to him, which you replied, I said that ". . . a lot of conservative politicians are full of sh!t on the issue but most people who are against illegal immigration are 100% on board with these propositions (and more)."

So yes, I am talking about the people being against immigration. I believe most of the people on the right who are against illegal immigration are genuine.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
They care if it hurts their donors and voters.

What would the price of milk be if we got rid of illegals. $10/gallon maybe more.
It hurting their donors. DING DING DING

This broken clock does have a hand. It hurting their donors is precisely why nothing has ever been done about it.

It's hard to say what the price would be. Are you wanting to pivot to that conversation now? I thought we were talking about your point that politicians would never do anything that they knew hurt the economy.

That's a different issue to whether or not stopping illegal immigration would hurt the economy. We can talk about that though. . .

bga1

Reaction score
Wally said the right is full of shit and they really don't want those things. Even in my reply to him, which you replied, I said that ". . . a lot of conservative politicians are full of sh!t on the issue but most people who are against illegal immigration are 100% on board with these propositions (and more)."

So yes, I am talking about the people being against immigration. I believe most of the people on the right who are against illegal immigration are genuine.
Great post! People who are against ILLEGAL immigration generally would be in favor of a more efficient and selective immigration that brings in more people according to need, documents them, taxes them and makes them a visible and vital part of society. The nation was built on immigration. Legal immigration is a great, great thing. I don't want people coming in here who will ruin the greatest economy on earth because they are here for free stuff- I want people that want to work and contribute. Many illegals do, but it is the wrong way to do it and the net effect of it is damaging.

Wally

Reaction score
I thought we were talking about your point that politicians would never do anything that they knew hurt the economy.
I won't say never. But if you one day eliminated all illegal workers from working it would be a Nuclear Bomb to the economy.

Wally

Reaction score
That's a different issue to whether or not stopping illegal immigration would hurt the economy. We can talk about that though. . .
Without a plan stopping illegal immigration will harm our economy imho.

Where is a plan for immigration reform?
Four years, why didn't Trump have one?

All Trump cared about was demonizing immigrants for political points, he didn't give a shit about what's best for the country.

Biden should have a plan to, but there is no where for dialog with the nutjobs on the right. I still think he should articulate a plan.

They both suck.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I won't say never. But if you one day eliminated all illegal workers from working it would be a Nuclear Bomb to the economy.
Why? There appear to be hundreds of thousands of Hispanic people who would like to come here on work visas. Why would it crush the economy to hire them? I know why business folks don't want to go that route - it's way more expensive.

But I never took you as someone who wanted to exploit the illegal immigrant to make a couple bucks.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Without a plan stopping illegal immigration will harm our economy imho.

Where is a plan for immigration reform?
Four years, why didn't Trump have one?

All Trump cared about was demonizing immigrants for political points, he didn't give a shit about what's best for the country.

Biden should have a plan to, but there is no where for dialog with the nutjobs on the right. I still think he should articulate a plan.

They both suck.
Why isn't there dialogue? Most of the things that you've talked about actually are acceptable to even people as far right as Tucker Carlson. He is in favor of work visas. It's actually kind of a cringey righty talking point to discuss being for work visas and legal immigration. If politicians really wanted to come up with plan about reasonable immigration reform it would be easy. Most of the country wants it.

It isn't happening because lefties want to flood the country for votes and enough right wingers are beholden to their corporate overlords to actually push the issue.

I have no idea what was going on with Trump. I teeter back and forth between thinking he was just crazy, hypocrite, full of sh!t. . .

But he did do much more than anyone before or after him on the subject. I don't think he did enough either. As far as Biden, he has no interest in passing any sort of immigration reform. None. He has done nothing but cut any group that could conceivably help. He can barely articulate his own name.

Wally

Reaction score
Why? There appear to be hundreds of thousands of Hispanic people who would like to come here on work visas. Why would it crush the economy to hire them? I know why business folks don't want to go that route - it's way more expensive.

But I never took you as someone who wanted to exploit the illegal immigrant to make a couple bucks.
I agree, but in practice it's pretty messy to figure all this out. What about the tens of millions already here?

I also think most politicians on the right enjoy the status quo and the easy talking points and outrage they can whip up. The left hasn't articulated any kind of a plan so they are really no better, except I think they are more open to a plan than those on the right.

Spoofin

Reaction score
How is it inaccurate?
Trump and the right could have made it almost impossible for illegals to work. Jail those who hire them and institute checks that cannot be evaded. The right are full of shit on this issue.
Everything is Trump’s fault.

Wally

Reaction score
Everything is Trump’s fault.
Not his fault, but it shows he doesn't really believe the shit he spews and all these idiots lap up. Has nothing to do with fault.🙄

Spoofin

Reaction score
Not his fault, but it shows he doesn't really believe the shit he spews and all these idiots lap up. Has nothing to do with fault.🙄
Maybe we should vote him out?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I want him back, an angry vindictive Trump to just wreck shit
You mean like the economy? Like when it was the most prosperous time in American history and the best time in US history for minority business ownership and small business ownership and the economy was BOOMING? Wreck shit like that?

Wally

Reaction score
You mean like the economy? Like when it was the most prosperous time in American history and the best time in US history for minority business ownership and small business ownership and the economy was BOOMING? Wreck shit like that?
Like Chinas economy.
They grow 10% a year, is that all you care about is money?

Trump flooded the Obama growing economy with money running up massive debt for no reason. Righties are idiots.

kg21

Reaction score
Like Chinas economy.
They grow 10% a year, is that all you care about is money?

Trump flooded the Obama growing economy with money running up massive debt for no reason. Righties are idiots.
You haven't played the "I don't like Biden card" in weeks.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Huh? Did you miss March 2020 - Inauguration Day?

Wally

Reaction score
This inflation really sucks, 3 days of admission to universal studios is $1500 for family of 4. That doesn't count hotel or airfare. I bet it would be half that if Trump was still president...
🤣🤣🤣🤣

TRF Guy

Reaction score
This inflation really sucks, 3 days of admission to universal studios is $1500 for family of 4. That doesn't count hotel or airfare. I bet it would be half that if Trump was still president...
🤣🤣🤣🤣
That’s a real knee slapper
But but Trump

OldBob53

Banned
Reaction score
Inflation is a great health boon. Instead of " honey I'm home, how about a bottle or two of nice pinot noir" , try plain old H20 out of the faucet with some ice cubes in it. Swirl it around a bit for effect. And for dinner, one of the healthiest foods in all the world: beans right out of the can or heated up a bit, that little electricity won't cost much. Swirl in some green beans too out of the can for a well rounded, healthy and Economical meal you can both enjoy.

Does it seem a bit bland? Whats a few drops of tabasco sauce cost? Especially if you go with the store brand. So you'll all be healthier and save a lot of $$$ in the process. Thank me later.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
Once again the truth doesn't matter. Milk was $1.99 under Trump. I remember it fondly!

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
CNN doing what CNN does 🤷‍♂️
Stupid average Americans being wrong on something.

There are also tons of places where milk was $1.99 in 2018. But that guy responding sure proved that couple who has adopted like 8 kids and is raising a foster kid are a couple of stupid racist liars.

Last edited:

Top Bottom