Inflation

Section2

Reaction score
Imagine rooting for people to file bankruptcy. FWIW I don’t think it will happen at least to single homeowners. There just aren’t as many ARM’s out there as there was in 2008.
If you don’t have an income, and prices for household goods rise, it doesn’t take an ARM to prevent a mortgage payment from being affordable.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
If you don’t have an income, and prices for household goods rise, it doesn’t take an ARM to prevent a mortgage payment from being affordable.
Correct. I don’t see high unemployment in our future. Current inflation at 3.6% isn’t going to cause a housing crisis. My guess is wages for the lower income workers will increase at a rate higher than inflation.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
Correct. I don’t see high unemployment in our future. Current inflation at 3.6% isn’t going to cause a housing crisis. My guess is wages for the lower income workers will increase at a rate higher than inflation.
I personally really don't REALLY- REALLY DON'T know, but what economic indicators are you using and don't say the Stock Market. besides the Market are you looking at? Hint there are about 20 more that are more important!

Last edited:

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
I personally really don't REALLY- REALLY DON'T know, but what economic indicators are you using and don't say the Stock Market. besides the Market are you looking at? Hint there are about 20 more that are more important!
I don’t think anybody can guarantee anything and all I would say you could use the stock market for would be an indicator of where the hedge funds might think the economy is headed.

When your current inflation numbers are a result of negtive oil prices and recovery from a once every 100 years pandemic things are going to even out. We’ve gotten pretty good at controlling inflation. 3.6% inflation would be pretty ordinary or even low from 1960 to the mid 90’s.

bga1

Reaction score
The kids at Arby’s and Taco Bell were making $14 a year ago? 🤔😂🤣😂
What a complete fool you are. The basic costs of living will SWAMP those raises. Used car prices are up 40%. What do low income people often eat? Fast food. A lot of those meals have gone up 20-30%. Leftist politics (see Obama administration) tend to widen the wealth gap and increase dependency.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
What a complete fool you are. The basic costs of living will SWAMP those raises. Used car prices are up 40%. What do low income people often eat? Fast food. A lot of those meals have gone up 20-30%. Leftist politics (see Obama administration) tend to widen the wealth gap and increase dependency.
Used car prices are up 21% and most of that is accounted for because new cars are unavailable. You can see this in the average price of a used vehicle is $25,400. There are no low income people currently paying that for a used car. It’s people looking to buy new that are buying used instead.

But I get it why research anything when you can copy and paste from the echo chamber. Lmao.

D049B786-C741-4E1E-83B1-7866C4B90586.jpeg

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I don’t use the stock market as an economic indicator, but I have recently employed bit coin values as such. I am not sanguine about the near term. 😕

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
Don’t know. Are they going to get another 20% raise next year to outpace inflation? This is why things can spiral out of control.
So inflation next year is going to be 19% next year? I’ll take that bet.

They already received a 20% raise this year. How many years will it take for inflation to cumulatively hit 20%?

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
I don’t think anybody can guarantee anything and all I would say you could use the stock market for would be an indicator of where the hedge funds might think the economy is headed.

When your current inflation numbers are a result of negtive oil prices and recovery from a once every 100 years pandemic things are going to even out. We’ve gotten pretty good at controlling inflation. 3.6% inflation would be pretty ordinary or even low from 1960 to the mid 90’s.
AGREE

Some guy

Reaction score
Nope going from 12 to 14 is definitely not beating this crazy inflation...
🤣
That’s a 17% increase. So to lose to inflation you’d need an 18% increase in prices.
Granted some markets are hurt more than others.

Like housing is way up. Maybe we should allow for more mixed housing to be built to relieve the pressure. Supply and demand. Maybe deregulate zoning.

howeda7

Reaction score
It's almost like it was caused by Covid recovery demand and supply chain issues and not Biden's Communist agenda.... How odd.

Wally

Reaction score
It's almost like it was caused by Covid recovery demand and supply chain issues and not Biden's Communist agenda.... How odd.

I thought we were in a hopeless spiral....
Spoof?
🧐🧐🧐

Spoofin

Reaction score

I thought we were in a hopeless spiral....
Spoof?
🧐🧐🧐
You two are absolute fools. What exactly do you think this story means? That every story posted in the previous 15-pages was wrong? That August's rise being below expectations after 6-months of rapid climbing shows it was all just "caused by COVID recovery demand and supply chain issues"? The thinking capacity of you two combined is less than my empty yogurt cup.
- Also, Wally - never once did I say we were in a hopeless spiral or any kind of spiral. I'm happy to see you found your posse of dishonest posters. Your level of dishonestly has been rising like inflation lately. Congrats.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score

Core inflation, which excludes energy and food of all things, is a worthless metric for average Americans. It's basically only presented when a publication wants to present a different narrative.

Wally

Reaction score
never once did I say we were in a hopeless spiral or any kind of spiral.

You went nuts about inflation like it was the end of the world.

You didn't use those words but that was your level of concern.

Deflect and deny, par for the course.
🙄🙄🙄

Spoofin

Reaction score

🙄🙄🙄
You really are not very smart at all Wally. I have been saying inflation is a big problem, and it has been, and it will still be for a while. EVen this CPI report only shows an easing - it doesn't change the situation we are in. I have never said it was going to spiral (which is a specific thing with inflation) or that it would be anything like the end of the World. In fact, I have predicted things will get better - specifically when people are "forced" to go back to work. Just because you can't understand simple economic discussions and what that does/doesn't mean it isn't my problem. Start with to/too/two and then move to economics. smh

stocker08

Reaction score

🙄🙄🙄

It was the end of the world until it wasn't. Pay attention, Wally. Right wing media has already directed sheep spoof towards the new thing to rage about.

howeda7

Reaction score

🙄🙄🙄
On the Spoof's Concerned Scale it was somewhere between Texas Democrats and Antifa. The Susan Collins' equivalent of Deeply Troubled....

Wally

Reaction score
You really are not very smart at all Wally. I have been saying inflation is a big problem, and it has been, and it will still be for a while. EVen this CPI report only shows an easing - it doesn't change the situation we are in. I have never said it was going to spiral (which is a specific thing with inflation) or that it would be anything like the end of the World. In fact, I have predicted things will get better - specifically when people are "forced" to go back to work. Just because you can't understand simple economic discussions and what that does/doesn't mean it isn't my problem. Start with to/too/two and then move to economics. smh
You freaked out, I said let's wait and see. Looking like one of us was right...🤷🏼‍♂️

Spoofin

Reaction score
You freaked out, I said let's wait and see. Looking like one of us was right...🤷🏼‍♂️
Are you Wally? Let's put this CPI news in perspective, shall we....

1631648826381.png
You and Howie acting like this news is showing something significant is both comical and ignorant. It is a single indicator and all it is indicating is that inflation eased a bit in August, but is still very high. You are extremely unknowledgable on this topic and totally misrepresenting what I have said.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Wages have risen this year, but inflation has made that money worth less than before,

This must not include how the CPI increased less in August than (record) July.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
What exactly do you think this story means?
.... that recent price increases have been caused by Covid recovery demand and supply chain issues.

Only a fool and/or liar claims differently. Which are you?

Top Bottom