Inflation

Section2

Reaction score
Uh. That's not super astute. It can indeed continue on and spiral out of control. And it can sustain at a high rate for years. Ever been to a third world country?

Ok, at least you are going on the record. The point of the post that you interfered with was that @SectionTool, who likes to toss around smart-assed remarks, isn't. All the while telling us that if we get it wrong, we need to reassess our entire world view. I called him on that, which he hates. I challenged him to step up and, quite in character, he is now hiding out on this one.

We will see. I hope I'm right. And, since economies have hundreds of variables and economists get it wrong a lot, one of us or both of us will be wrong.
I can’t predict COVID and I can’t really predict government intervention. Those are two giant variables, as I’ve explained, that will largely decide where we go from here. My prediction on each is a total guess.

I’m not hiding, you’re on ignore because you’re 1) a dink 2) you like to play games and have control 3) operate in bad faith.

Economies have hundreds of variables? Yikes.

Last edited:

GopherJake

Reaction score
There are massive dislocations in the economy. And massive government intervention. And with covid and coming lockdowns and new mandates, it’s likely to get worse again.

supply chain problems aren’t minor things, btw.
I see you peeking out from behind your mommy's skirt. But no prediction. Where will the economy be one year from today? 13% inflation? Recession? Roaring? Inflation subsided? Say something concrete, little fella.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I can’t predict COVID and I can’t really predict government intervention. Those are two giant variables, as I’ve explained, that will largely decide where we go from here. My prediction on each is a total guess.

I’m not hiding, you’re on ignore because you’re 1) a dink 2) you like to play games and have control 3) operate in bad faith.
And here we are arriving at the whole point of my posts on this thread of conversation. Way far above here, I made a prediction that inflation would subside and the economy would recover strongly. Your response was to tell me, essentially, that I was stupid and that if I am wrong, I need to question my whole world view. So, you challenged me to a contest there, @Section2. So, it's your turn to put your world view on the line. Make a prediction. Dink.

Section2

Reaction score
What does that have to do with my comment? @SectionTool continues to smart-off about how much smarter he is about the trajectory of things. I predict this will subside as supply-chain issues get resolved. That's what his asshatted comment refers to. But he's too chicken shit to go on record with an actual prediction. Has nothing to do with where we are now. Facts are facts. The future is a little more difficult to gauge. But smart-assed comments are easy, without having to go on record to see actually how smart he is.
We are on course for a total financial collapse. It is technically avoidable, but will not be avoided because no one has the balls to take the pain and Americans won’t vote for it. Even though it would be short term pain of a year or two tops, and the collapse will be much more painful for longer. It doesn’t take a smart person to understand that at all. And I don’t see how these kinds of posts are smart assed. You’re just a big baby.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
We are on course for a total financial collapse.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

No matter what happens .... we have the most guns, ships, and bombs.

So, if need be, we can just make up our own rules.

Trying to pretend that, eg the national debt, will cause the country to disintegrate, is just a masturbation fantasy.

GopherJake

Reaction score
We are on course for a total financial collapse. It is technically avoidable, but will not be avoided because no one has the balls to take the pain and Americans won’t vote for it. Even though it would be short term pain of a year or two tops, and the collapse will be much more painful for longer. It doesn’t take a smart person to understand that at all. And I don’t see how these kinds of posts are smart assed. You’re just a big baby.
When will the collapse happen, @Section2? I predict it will not happen in your lifetime. Your open-ended dire warning is not a prediction. Where will we be 6 months and a year from now? Quit sniffing mommy's cooter and man up, Big Talker.

Wally

Reaction score
a big driver this time in all the increased costs is increased wages being paid to hire people because of the labor shortage.
God dammit I hate when those pos people get raises!!!

Wally

Reaction score
What do we need to do to avoid total financial collapse?

Spoofin

Reaction score
God dammit I hate when those pos people get raises!!!
There are trade-offs to everything Wally. We have effectively raised the minimum wage - in case you didn’t know, there are studies out there showing that didn’t work out so well for many it was supposed to help. The left doesn’t like to think too hard…. Increased wages, free college, and free healthcare for all! Sounds good 🤷‍♂️

Section2

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Trying to pretend that, eg the national debt, will cause the country to disintegrate, is just a masturbation fantasy.
1). Lots of the debt is held by US citizens. And a ton of it is held by banks.
2) A tiny blip caused 2008, a US debt crisis would be orders of magnitude worse.
3) “we” won’t be making “our” own rules. If the dollar collapses, it will get real ugly for us and the world. Sure, it won’t be the end of the world. But what comes next probably won’t be an improvement. These situations tend to invite authoritarianism.

GopherJake

Reaction score
2) A tiny blip caused 2008, a US debt crisis would be orders of magnitude worse.
3) “we” won’t be making “our” own rules. If the dollar collapses, it will get real ugly for us and the world. Sure, it won’t be the end of the world. But what comes next probably won’t be an improvement. These situations tend to invite authoritarianism.
Make a prediction, @DoomsdayTalkerNoBalls2.

Wally

Reaction score

I have often thought that to. Not sure how it works in practice tho. Don't want any wars.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
And no doubt those US citizens and banks would choose for the country, and probably the world, to end, as opposed to just having to take some % of their investment portfolio as a loss (but overall, still coming out as fine as always). It's the principle of the thing! Sure, sure ...
See 1 above.
3) If the dollar collapses, it will get real ugly for us and the world.
See 1 above.

Section2

Reaction score
And no doubt those US citizens and banks would choose for the country, and probably the world, to end, as opposed to just having to take some % of their investment portfolio as a loss (but overall, still coming out as fine as always). It's the principle of the thing! Sure, sure ...

See 1 above.

See 1 above.
Banks go under. What, you think they can write it off? They are insolvent.
The world doesn’t end. It just means the total destruction of our financial system.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Banks go under.
LOL no.

Any bank stupid enough to be undiversified probably deserves to "go under", whatever that is supposed to mean, since nevermind that the government wouldn't allow that to happen in the first place, because, well, they're the government and they can just dictate things if they want.

I love how much it makes you seethe that a government can just decide to ignore the "rules" and be "unfair", and spoil your anarcho-capitalist dreams. :)

Makes you hate government that much more, I bet.

MennoSota

Reaction score
It’s exactly this. No one blocks anyone they think they are getting the better of.
Nah.
Some people are so insane it's just not worth reading their diatribe. Responding to a fool is just stupid. I'm just wasting my time and typing to an idiot. No sense in continuing a conversation.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
At that point you just do what adults do: you scroll past their post and don't read it.

The actual ignore feature is for petulant children.

Section2

Reaction score
LOL no.

Any bank stupid enough to be undiversified probably deserves to "go under", whatever that is supposed to mean, since nevermind that the government wouldn't allow that to happen in the first place, because, well, they're the government and they can just dictate things if they want.

I love how much it makes you seethe that a government can just decide to ignore the "rules" and be "unfair", and spoil your anarcho-capitalist dreams. :)

Makes you hate government that much more, I bet.
US govt bonds are priced as zero risk. It is the main underpinning of the entire global financial system and the pricing of risk for all assets.

Governments can make whatever rules they want, but they aren’t immune to the laws of economics, as the Soviet Union found out.

Section2

Reaction score
It's like screaming screaming "I need a safe space!!!"

Hilarious
🤪🤪🤪🤣🤣🤣
It’s funny how the left, who invented safe spaces, uses it as a pejorative attack. The left, which always criticizes toxic masculinity and elevated female characteristics as superior, calls those who don’t do what they want wimps and weak. Almost as if you know that your ideology is complete bullshit (you do deep down) but are so brainwashed that you parrot the strategy anyway. And it is all a strategy with a particular goal in mind.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
US govt bonds are priced as zero risk. It is the main underpinning of the entire global financial system and the pricing of risk for all assets.
Sure they are. If it's you saying this, my immediate thought is you're just espousing your own reality that you want to be true, and not anywhere near the much more complex, actual true reality.

as the Soviet Union found out.
And then throw out this irrelevant tidbit, not having anything to do with the discussion here, to make your warning extra spooky!

Don't masturbate children! Look what happened at Chernobyl!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The left, which always criticizes toxic masculinity and elevated female characteristics as superior
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Always!

Or maybe just in specific cases of gross men sexually harrassing/assaulting women and getting away with it. :unsure:

Section2

Reaction score
Sure they are. If it's you saying this, my immediate thought is you're just espousing your own reality that you want to be true, and not anywhere near the much more complex, actual true reality.

And then throw out this irrelevant tidbit, not having anything to do with the discussion here, to make your warning extra spooky!

Don't masturbate children! Look what happened at Chernobyl!
Your first graph makes no sense. Sure they are, what? What you quoted was a fact that I stated. I’m sure you have no idea what the risk free rate is.

it’s not irrelevant. Could the USSR not do what you said? They were a world superpower. One of 2. They had tanks and planes. Why didn’t they do what you suggested? Why did they collapse despite having a dictatorship? Because the laws of economics exist.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
They were a world superpower. One of 2. They had tanks and planes. Why didn’t they do what you suggested?
a) They didn't disintegrate anywhere near what you were previously suggesting/hoping for. Moving the goalposts, as always.

b) the existence of the US would prevent it. There is nothing equivalent (not Russia, China, or combined) that can oppose us similarly.

c) the ruble was not the world currency/underpinning of the world financial system, as you required in your previous post. Moving the goalposts, as always.

Section2

Reaction score
a) They didn't disintegrate anywhere near what you were previously suggesting/hoping for. Moving the goalposts, as always.

b) the existence of the US would prevent it. There is nothing equivalent (not Russia, China, or combined) that can oppose us similarly.

c) the ruble was not the world currency/underpinning of the world financial system, as you required in your previous post. Moving the goalposts, as always.
I like that you abandoned your first terrible point.

the USSR doesn’t exist. So that supports my point that they disintegrated. How is that moving the goalposts?

prevent what? The USSR could just eliminate their debt. We are going to war with a nuclear superpower? No. There is a cost to just writing off your debt. Nobody is trading with you or lending you money or credit. That’s what happened to the soviets. And also Because communism does not work. It violates the laws of economics. It will always fail. You can google the calculation problem if you don’t understand why.

I didn’t require anything. The collapse of the $ and US debt will bankrupt the entire US financial system, Japan, Europe, it will precipitate a global financial collapse. The ruble is not as important globally as the dollar. The point is that military power doesn’t mean we can do what we want without consequences. As USSR proves.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
you abandoned your first terrible point.
False
the USSR doesn’t exist. So that supports my point that they disintegrated.
I figured this would be one big dishonest masturbation post.

USSR -> Russia level transition is not even in the slightest what you were implying before.

Nobody is trading with you or lending you money or credit. That’s what happened to the soviets.
Because of human rights abuses

And also Because communism does not work.
When corrupt humans attempt to run it, history has shown it has failed

You can google the calculation problem
Why would I waste my time Googling fake UChicago "economics"?

The collapse of the $ and US debt
Will never be a thing, because we can just make our own rules if we need to come to that to prevent the end of the world. :)

You're wrong, as usual, and don't know jack shit about much of anything.

As USSR proves.
Doesn't prove it in the slightest

Top Bottom