Indiana State Preview & DePaul/other notes

Great recap. J Welch should emerge as the point guard getting the most minutes. Andre is going to be a huge asset shooting the ball and also logging point guard minutes but JW should start. He's got good hands as well. Mav should be a distant third option. This was a perfect game for Chip to show his stuff. The light bulb above Rodney seems to have come on. Trevor needs more touches. I understand your point about free throws and when we attempt more than twice the number that they made that is the blueprint to mission accomplished from the line, I still say...make your damn free throws, it's an easy shot and it makes the game that much easier to win if you make them. Period. More points are better than fewer points. And lastly...that was some gawd awful D at times.

GopherWarrior - these updates are very well done. Thanks for doing them.

I really liked the lineup of Welch, Chip, Au Hollins, Rodney and Trevor today...that was definitely our best lineup.

It was interesting that Oto was used at Center at some parts today. He had a solid game I thought as well. He made some freshman mistakes, but he continues to be scrappy, plays hard and finds ways to contribute. I hope he isn't lost in the shuffle when the bench shortens as the season progresses.

Go Gophers!!

"The charge he took late in the game with four fouls were huge"
was* Just thought I'd point this out for you.
Good preview though, still disagree on free throw percentage.

Good preview though, still disagree on free throw percentage.

Good preview, though. Still disagree on free throw percentage.

Just thought I'd point that out for you.

Good preview, though. Still disagree on free throw percentage.

Just thought I'd point that out for you.
Thank you. I thought I'd point it out to him since you know, it's his job to write. It's a common mistake so i thought I'd point it out to him in case he didn't notice.

zambam said:
Thank you. I thought I'd point it out to him since you know, it's his job to write. It's a common mistake so i thought I'd point it out to him in case he didn't notice.

No need to be so negative. Glass always half empty with you?

Maybe you guys could start a grammar forum? :)

That would be the busiest forum on GopherHole. :)

No comments on any threads are as bad as gopherdiehard's run-on sentences with lack of punctuation and poor spelling.

That would be the busiest forum on GopherHole. :)

No comments on any threads are as bad as gopherdiehard's run-on sentences with lack of punctuation and poor spelling.

Are those the ones with one long paragraph that I find hard to read?

I really liked the lineup of Welch, Chip, Au Hollins, Rodney and Trevor today...that was definitely our best lineup.

I would like to see Tubby start this group today. They were responsible for a good part of the comeback yesterday. Go with the 'hot hands' and see if this is the group to build on.

@Bleed - thanks for the kind words. On Oto, I think you're hitting on him needing to be versatile for this team and coming through so far in spot duty. He's a three-point shooter, but with this team needs to do work inside as well. Such a seemingly nice kid, but has enough of a mean streak on the court... great combination.

@zambam - thanks for the correction. I'm on a new netbook that is the size of my thumb and struggling with edits a bit...

For anyone with edits/suggestions/insight feel free to PM me as well.

@MotherNight - when I arrived there, they were officially the Marquette Warriors. For many people, they always will be, even if that chicken is on some of the team's gear.

I arrived at the arena early... outside here at the Disney Wide World of Sports it's a completely different scene compared to yesterday. Parking lots are filled, people parking in the grass nearby. Tons of people around... looks like a soccer tournament. I'm not a soccer guy, but the fields here look so nice I might take a minute to check it out today.

Beyond tired, but a gallon of coffee + tip off in an hour and a half will have me wide awake soon.

I arrived at the arena early... outside here at the Disney Wide World of Sports it's a completely different scene compared to yesterday. Parking lots are filled, people parking in the grass nearby. Tons of people around... looks like a soccer tournament. I'm not a soccer guy, but the fields here look so nice I might take a minute to check it out today.

We did a softball tournament there a few years ago. Beautiful facilty.

Nice preview. I agree that the free-throw percentage number itself doesn't necessarily matter (e.g. 60 vs. 70%), but free throws in general are important. Going only 17-27 is something to be worried about (leaving 10 points on the board is no small number), especially since inopportune misses at the line have plagued this team for a long time. Granted, I don't expect the team to make 100% of its shots from the stripe, but it's more an issue of WHEN they are missing them. Welch misses his first two of the season when they need him most? These aren't isolated incidents and it's concerning.

Are those the ones with one long paragraph that I find hard to read?

You are starting to catch on to me, station19. he/she is one long, unending, unreadable, non-understandable, unbearable series of complete nonsensical , pure unadulterated b.s. that say nothing.

Top Bottom