Indiana State/Minnesota game chat

gophersfan

Reaction score
Not sure how many peoples are online right now. But if we want to chat during the game, i will be in the chat room.

Quick thoughts...too much andre ingram, too much maverick. What is Tubby doing with a rag lineup the last 5 minutes of the half? That's the time for your stud lineup to finish strong. Need to defend the 3 significantly better, too open, too much time to shoot.

Seems like an indiana State home broadcasting crrew - all the replays are on ISU -
Oh well what terrible defense we play - Coach teams can shoot 3's on us. Wow 7 up and outscored by 14 - terrible lineup in at the half - where are you today Rodney????

Hope for a better 2nd half!!!

It's sad watching that ugly scrawny little Odum school us like this.

Down nine with 8:25 to go. Not looking good. Worst game I have seen them play in a long time. Especially on defense.

mbakwe needs more touches

Our defense sure looks terrible. Hoping this improves given the athletes on the team.

gophs need some fire in their belly. 62-57 isu. 444 left.

i'd like to see a couple 3's here...... I CALLED IT. welsh 3 62-60

mbwake finally to the free throw line. 1st time all game?/ 1 for 2. 62-61 cmon defense wins this!

I have liked what I have seen from Welch as well. He had a good game. I also like what Chip gave us today.

Bummer Welch couldn't control the ball after the block.

If the Gophers pull this off I will be surprised.

How many times are they going to show Lionel Hollins after a Dre Hollins bucket. The PBP guy corrects the producer every time!

Anyone else think Chip could have played safety this year opposite of Royston and it would have been a significant upgrade?

Good game guys. I won't mention the negatives (I'm sure they will be covered well by others), but it's good to see the improved outside shooting, the tempo is faster than last year (if not quite under control yet), and most importantly - we had the bench step up when Mbakwe was quiet, and we played our best ball in the last 5 minutes again, which we did not see much last year. Looking forward to the championship game!

Good game guys. I won't mention the negatives (I'm sure they will be covered well by others), but it's good to see the improved outside shooting, the tempo is faster than last year (if not quite under control yet), and most importantly - we had the bench step up when Mbakwe was quiet, and we played our best ball in the last 5 minutes again, which we did not see much last year. Looking forward to the championship game!

Agree with all of your observations. I especially love that we are finding guys to step up when trevor is off his game. I love the mental toughness of this team compared to last year. They are finding ways to win by overcoming deficits and closing out games. That is the most encouraging thing about the last two victories for me. I am also excited to see the play of our new/young guards continue to develop. If welsh and dre hollins can continue on this track of development, we will have plenty of reasons to be excited this year. now if we can just take care of the ball. the turnovers are driving me crazy! Otherwise, loved the outcome. Go GOPHS!

People have been pointing out our flaws to start the season, which MAY be deserving. The important thing is that this is a really young, inexperienced team and they are finding ways to WIN! Last couple of season we found ways to lose, so I like the mentality

Nice comeback. We still have problems defending the 3 and our outside shooters (for the most part) don't seem to get into their "shooting" set when coming off the screen.

But we're physical and I think we'll get better as the year rolls onward.

People have been pointing out our flaws to start the season, which MAY be deserving. The important thing is that this is a really young, inexperienced team and they are finding ways to WIN! Last couple of season we found ways to lose, so I like the mentality

+1

ISU is a solid top 3 MVC team and shot out of their minds today.

Gophers need to shore up their defense, but Dayum that welsh looked good today, need to feed the big men down low and where was ralph sampson?

Gophers need to shore up their defense, but Dayum that welsh looked good today, need to feed the big men down low and where was ralph sampson?
Sampson was hurt, like last game.

Bigger question...Where was Rodney today? Yesterday, some of you guys said he was the new #1 pick in the NBA draft.

What a difference a day makes with you short strokers.

we won because we shot better...and how about those announcers!!!! GEEZ, couldn't say ONE good thing about the Gophers all game long. If you hadn't been able to watch the game and just listen to these two yo ho's, you'd have thought ISU was winning by 30 or more. Don't get me wrong, some of their observations of our defense were right on the money...but come on, over and over and over again they were like "MN is doing a TERRIBLE job of defending the 3" Even when we'd make a good stand on D, they still come back with THAT same line. Nice win for the boys! Hope they keep it up on Sunday. This ISU team is WaY better than anybody we've faced thus far.

Top Bottom