Indiana St. fills out field for 2011 Old Spice Classic (any guesses on matchups?)

That is one pretty weak field based on this year's records. Of the 5 BCS conference teams in the tourney, one could argue Minnesota had the best season.

Dayton had the best '10-'11 of any team in the tourney and they're losing Chris Wright I believe, to graduation.

My Guess:
- 1 side of the bracket:
Minnesota v Indiana St - 2 Midwest teams
Texas Tech v Fairfield - No gut feeling on this one, just think potential semifinal matchup of 2 former Kentucky coaches seems likely

- The other side
Arizona St v Wake Forest - Sendek vs (a very weak) ACC team
Dayton v DePaul - - 2 more Midwest teams face off

Weak field means they should (in theory) beef up November & December schedule

This does appear to be a weak field. Based on what teams (are likely to) have coming back, the Gophers would appear to be the clear favorite. MAAC (regular season) champion Fairfield might be the 2nd best team in the field.

Unlike this season when we played in a loaded Puerto Rico field that netted us UNC & West Virginia, I wouldn't expect this field to give the Gophers' nonconference schedule much bounce. I hope the coaching staff plans for that. That means they should toughen up the remainder of the nonconference schedule at least a little bit by scheduling more "meat" and not just count on the ACC Challenge game as their only other marquee game.

My guess is the Gophers will draw DePaul.

I'm hoping it will go a lot better than our last visit to the Old Spice. I can never get that Marist loss out of my head.

I am hoping to see Minnesota Vs. Texas Tech.

"Failed" Kentucky Coach 1 VS. FAILED Kentucky coach 2

Top Bottom