Increased student ticket sales

popeyoung5

Reaction score
My son is an incoming freshmen and has bought all 3 sports season tickets only because he is a huge sports fan. The U has been great from his application point forward in communication and making him feel welcome and wanted but never had any information concerning buying student tickets. The athletic department should put a simple flyer in the acceptance package which talks about the schools teams and how to buy tickets. Heck, he even had a coed with a cute voice calling him weekly before he made his decision. Funny, he got a call 14 weeks in a row and always from a girl, hmmmm? The athletic department need to do some simple marketing to get the incoming freshman involved. It's also a great selling point for the school, both price and availability of tickets to the major sports. He was accepted to UCSD, UCSB,UC Davis, and Marquette. His final decision was based in a large part on D-! football and hockey. The U needs to step up the marketing of this. Kind of like Drew Rosenhaus hyping T.P. yesterday as a first round pick, not going to happen but that's his job.

you would think, but knowing how annoyingly bureaucratic and process driven state universities and government can be in general, adding something as simple as a marketing flyer to purchase season tickets to various sports into "the" new student packet probably requires that the athletic department be forced to go through 5 "brainstorming" sessions with various sub-groups of faculty, current students and "protected classes". and following that 10 or so sub-committees for approval/sign-off before it can be added to the incoming student packet! of course i am exaggerating, but i would bet there is some version of this dance people have to go through just to get something like this done! ;) :rolleyes:

you would think, but knowing how annoyingly bureaucratic and process driven state universities and government can be in general, adding something as simple as a marketing flyer to purchase season tickets to various sports into "the" new student packet probably requires that the athletic department be forced to go through 5 "brainstorming" sessions with various sub-groups of faculty, current students and "protected classes". and following that 10 or so sub-committees for approval/sign-off before it can be added to the incoming student packet! of course i am exaggerating, but i would bet there is some version of this dance people have to go through just to get something like this done! ;) :rolleyes:

That's exactly how it goes, actually.

How about the athletic department give a 10 minute presentation during the student orientation program going on right now for both parents and students pitching season seat packages? The only marketing brochure we have gotten is from TCF bank for a student bank account. The marketing department needs to step up, get proactive and creative in selling student seats. This is basic marketing 101. As a out of state parent, I am spending $25k/year, what's another $300 for student bball, hockey and fball season tickets?

They don't have time. JM is too busy expaining how difficult balancing the budget is to waste time trying to increase revenue.

They don't have time. JM is too busy expaining how difficult balancing the budget is to waste time trying to increase revenue.

Nebraska coming in....more revenue.

Preferred seating in Williams and Mariucci....more revenue

BT championship game....more revenue

Signed the marketing deal with Learfield....more revenue

Shoe deal with Nike....more revenue

New on stadium football stadium....more revenue.

The fifth largest athletics budget in the BT. Yeah, revenue's the issue.

My son signed up for season seats as they had an early sign up raffle. First place was a trip to see the opener vs. the semi-pro trojans. We live 45 miles south and he did not want the grand prize. He won a signed football from the Gopher team. Very cool, can't wait for UPS on Tuesday.!!!

Bring that excellent idea up to Maturi and you'll get at least 10 reasons why it can't be done. Standard operating procedure over there.

Just had a better idea...email it to Coach Kill, he'll get it done!

Top Bottom