Inbound plays

GoldenGuts

Reaction score
is it just me or does it seem like we have a lot of trouble getting the ball inbounded?

I am constantly frustrated by our inbounds plays. We haven't had many 5 seconds, but we are awful close a lot. Most of the times we just lob it to someone, and restart the offense. I'd like to see something happen off the inbounds play, like last year when Hoffarner would throw it in, run around the guy he threw it to using him as a screen, and hit a three. That worked several times.

is it just me or does it seem like we have a lot of trouble getting the ball inbounded?

I decided that Tubby's whole philosophy is to just get the ball inbounds.

I don't think he wants to put up a shot attempt like other teams will, and much rather get into the offense from out of bounds.

I think another thing to keep in mind is most of the year we have been in the lead, and he just wanted to run some clock. Maybe he didn't want to show his hand, like he did last year. As good as those Hoff plays were, they were worthless because so many teams were ready for it as the bigten came along.

I agree that Tubby doesn't want to show some plays he may need for key points in future games but we have to have a few inbounds plays, rather than just lobbing it in to someone. Most other teams don't seem to have a near five second call practically every time they attempt to inbound the ball.

Trust me, when one is needed badly, it'll be there. There are specific in-bounds plays in the plan, just wait for the right time.

Top Bottom