In-State Recruiting

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Looking at top 10 in each B1G State.

Iowa- Gets #5 & #6 in-state kids only. Iowa State with 6 of top 12. Alabama, MSU, Kansas State and Penn State also get top 10 talent in Iowa. Top player to Alabama.

Illinois- Illinois gets #4 and #5. Northwester #8. Michigan with 3 top 10 kids. Top player to Notre Dame

Indiana- Purdue with #3 and #10. Indiana's top player is #11. Iowa pulls 2 top 10 kids. Top player to Notre Dame

Michigan- Michigan with #2 and #4, MSU with #3, #6, #7. Minnesota and WI each get 1 top 10 kid. Top Player to UCLA.

Minnesota- MN with 6 of top 10. LSU gets #1 kid and Washington, Kansas St. and Iowa State each get 1 top 10.

Nebraska- NE get #1 kid and 6 of top 10. Iowa State with 2 kids and OK& OK St. each get 1.

Pennsylvania- PSU with #1 &#2. Also 6 of top 10. Michigan, Georgia, WV, & Pitt also with 1 top 10.

Ohio- tOSU with #1 & #2 and 7 of top 10. Notre Dame with 2 and Northwestern with 1 top 10.

New Jersey- 10 Different teams with 1 top 10 from New Jersey including tOSU, PSU, Rutgers, Illinois from B1G.

Maryland- 9 Different teams with players. tOSU and Maryland with 1 each. South Carolina with 2.

Wisconsin- Got #1, but a down year in WI. Only 8 players listed and 6 of 8 going G5 or Academy. Vanderbilt gets #3.

Howard was never coming here, whether NIL mattered or not. Davis and Hanson never really seemed to be on the same page with our staff imo. IIRC there were some concerns with the “fit” for Chiddi. Time will tell but I think the staff feels happy with how things played out. I’d like to think they left the door open in case they want to come home later too.

One minor gripe I may have is not getting on some of the lower rated local guys for PWOs. I like the PWO class we have but I think there were some really interesting players to take fliers on from 11-30 range in the state.

Looking at top 10 in each B1G State.

Iowa- Gets #5 & #6 in-state kids only. Iowa State with 6 of top 12. Alabama, MSU, Kansas State and Penn State also get top 10 talent in Iowa. Top player to Alabama.

Illinois- Illinois gets #4 and #5. Northwester #8. Michigan with 3 top 10 kids. Top player to Notre Dame

Indiana- Purdue with #3 and #10. Indiana's top player is #11. Iowa pulls 2 top 10 kids. Top player to Notre Dame

Michigan- Michigan with #2 and #4, MSU with #3, #6, #7. Minnesota and WI each get 1 top 10 kid. Top Player to UCLA.

Minnesota- MN with 6 of top 10. LSU gets #1 kid and Washington, Kansas St. and Iowa State each get 1 top 10.

Nebraska- NE get #1 kid and 6 of top 10. Iowa State with 2 kids and OK& OK St. each get 1.

Pennsylvania- PSU with #1 &#2. Also 6 of top 10. Michigan, Georgia, WV, & Pitt also with 1 top 10.

Ohio- tOSU with #1 & #2 and 7 of top 10. Notre Dame with 2 and Northwestern with 1 top 10.

New Jersey- 10 Different teams with 1 top 10 from New Jersey including tOSU, PSU, Rutgers, Illinois from B1G.

Maryland- 9 Different teams with players. tOSU and Maryland with 1 each. South Carolina with 2.

Wisconsin- Got #1, but a down year in WI. Only 8 players listed and 6 of 8 going G5 or Academy. Vanderbilt gets #3.
Good stuff, and very well laid out! Thanks! We'll have to dig this up again the next time anyone here complains about not getting in-state talent.

Howard was never coming here, whether NIL mattered or not. Davis and Hanson never really seemed to be on the same page with our staff imo. IIRC there were some concerns with the “fit” for Chiddi. Time will tell but I think the staff feels happy with how things played out. I’d like to think they left the door open in case they want to come home later too.

One minor gripe I may have is not getting on some of the lower rated local guys for PWOs. I like the PWO class we have but I think there were some really interesting players to take fliers on from 11-30 range in the state.
A lot of kids can’t afford to walk on when they can get a scholarship elsewhere. Major factor.

I don’t think the staff offered Hanson or Chiddi.

2024 early 247 Composite showings.

Iowa showing 4 of the 6 kids listed as committed including #1.
Minnesota shows 1 or 1
WI none of 5 are committed
NE 1(Crystal Ball) of 5
ILL shows #18 is committed
IN zero for IN or PUR
PA PSU shows #3 committed
MI shows #3 to MSU and 3 top 10 crystal balls to MSU
Ohio shows 1 top 10 for tOSU and MI each.

Seems that the Portal and early signing has really slowed the recruitment beyond seniors in HS. 2024 recruiting likely will pick up bit now as classes are mostly signed. Coaches know that have all Winter and beyond to start focusing on 2024

Top Bottom