In case you were wondering

matt

Let's get weird
Reaction score
If the terrible Gopherhole user experience on your phone was a function of having an old cell phone or the site itself, it is the site itself.

I just got a new phone and was hoping Gopherhole would be more usable with 5G, more phone memory, etc. But no, I still get the honor of an extremely frustrating mobile experience with dynamic ads and random page reloads causing me to jump all over the place and having to constantly scroll down and try to find the last message I read to follow a thread.

Thanks for listening to my rant kthxbye

If the terrible Gopherhole user experience on your phone was a function of having an old cell phone or the site itself, it is the site itself.

I just got a new phone and was hoping Gopherhole would be more usable with 5G, more phone memory, etc. But no, I still get the honor of an extremely frustrating mobile experience with dynamic ads and random page reloads causing me to jump all over the place and having to constantly scroll down and try to find the last message I read to follow a thread.

I'm on a phone and get none of that. AdBlock.

If you have Android, you can use a Private DNS to block annoying ads.
https://techpp.com/2024/04/23/block-ads-on-android-using-private-dns/

Probably the same for iPhones too.

Top Bottom