Impressive Miami(FL) Streak

yeah....while we're on this (pretty pointless) topic, why on earth do people on this board refer to the buckeyes as tOSU? Are we worried people will confuse ohio state with oklahoma state?? Or just pandering to the pompous buckeyes? Do I need to start referring to us as tU of M?

Henceforth, I believe I will be going with fOSU.

:clap::clap::clap:

I've been meaning to bring this up for a while. Glad someone else did.

Man you guys are defensive. I didn't say you stole "The U" from Miami, I was just saying that I literally have never heard anyone call Minnesota that despite living in the state for like four years now.

Yeah but we're all prototypical passive aggressive, hyper defensive Minnesootans :D

I'm in Germany last year on a family trip wearing a Gopher hat. This German comes up to me in broken english asking me if I went to "The U" and pointed to my hat.

Debate dead

What IS correct is that only ex-players, local media, and impressionable fanboy rubes call Miami 'The U' if they didn't go to school there.

:clap: i'm going to remember this.

I'm in Germany last year on a family trip wearing a Gopher hat. This German comes up to me in broken english asking me if I went to "The U" and pointed to my hat.

Debate dead

Love it! When I was in Southern Germany a few years ago wearing my Gopher hat, more than one person asked me about the U hockey team.

Man you guys are defensive. I didn't say you stole "The U" from Miami, I was just saying that I literally have never heard anyone call Minnesota that despite living in the state for like four years now.

I went nearly half my life thinking a JUKE box was a JUTE box. It happens. Do not feel ashamed.

I bet you will listen for "the U" now and it will come raining down on you like little birdies in a Tom and Jerry cartoon after someone gets hit in the noggin.

Not sure what crowd you've been running with, but I went to school at the U, and work at the U, and every single alumni/employee I know, ever, calls it "the U". They may say "U of M" if they're trying to distinguish it from another school in conversation, but "the U" is used far, far more often.

Despite your own thinking, you are not an expert on the U, and are not even a Gopher fan. So please don't lecture those of us who are on what we call it. Thanks in advance.

Howard Johnson is right;)

Top Bottom