Impossible Job

goldfan24

Reaction score
Today is another one of the many reasons why being the head coach at Minnesota is one of the toughest jobs in the country for D-1 Football. I don't know where to start but Brewster has to be going crazy today unless he had some warning of both coordinators leaving. I wonder if any program has had both leave the same day. Keeping up with the competition let alone keeping the verbal recruits is almost impossible when we continue to have this high turnover in the coaching area. This is absolutely the worst possible time for all this to be happening. Good luck is all I can say to Brewster today...

He ran one out the door. The other probably is going to a better opportunity. Minnesota is a great job right now.

Brewster needs to stabalize his own program, he's the head guy.

He ran one out the door. The other probably is going to a better opportunity. Minnesota is a great job right now.

I agree with you nemosgold.

Roof nearly doubled his salary with this move...can't be making that much less than Brew now.

Assistant salaries are going to be the real issue if/when we turn the program into a contender. The new stadium will help, but not enough to compete with what Auburn is doing or what Tennessee is now doing....I think the d-coordinator is getting a million with the Vols.

I concur...

Minnesota is a great job because there are no expectations. You go 8-17 and they're talking contract extension. Can you imagine the lovefest for whoever leads the Gophers to a NYD Bowl?

compete?

Im not sure we want to compete in the arena of salary. We might want to be getting by on the cheap.

Here's an idea. Let's everyone jump ship on Brewster right now. It is readily apparent that he can't handle the job. There should be more than enough time to hire a new head coach within the next couple of weeks who will make sure none of our recruits renege on their commitments. And then he can hire offensive and defensive coordinators who will install new systems and get everyone ready to play the first game in The Brick next August. After all, the Minnesota Gophers football program is one of the plum jobs in the country. It has always had great support from loyal fans, alumni, the business community, and especially the local media. With the great tradition of the Gophers there is absolutely no excuse for any coach to not come in and start winning immediately. And if they don't, we will get rid of them as soon as possible and bring someone else in.

Top Bottom