I'm converted

tikited

Me
Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest Webber fans out there, but it is time for Gray to take over 100%. I have always written that the only way Gray sees major time is if an injury occurs or the team tanks. The team has officially tanked, so it is time. Gray should get every snap (the rest of the year) from here on out. I still doubt that happens, but it is time.

This has been a very ugly game on both sides of the ball. The Defense made Pryor look like Vince Young. Troy S. acted like a baby. Etc., Etc.. Hopefully the Gray move will turn the tide.

I think Brew's allegiance to Weber is only matched by Lucia's love affair with Kangas.

I'm converted as well. Marqueis, it's your time.

And by the way, Kangas is a damn good goalie. He did not lose that game last night. The big 0 on the scoreboard and the 30-some shot attempts that missed the net completely lost it.

i am still an agnostic, but i believe that gray might possibly be the savior.

I'm one of the biggest Webber fans out there, but it is time for Gray to take over 100%. I have always written that the only way Gray sees major time is if an injury occurs or the team tanks. The team has officially tanked, so it is time. Gray should get every snap (the rest of the year) from here on out. I still doubt that happens, but it is time.

This has been a very ugly game on both sides of the ball. The Defense made Pryor look like Vince Young. Troy S. acted like a baby. Etc., Etc.. Hopefully the Gray move will turn the tide.

I'm not a big Weber fan, but Gray should start. If the Running Backs have to "earn" their way on the field and if every fumble or drop benches a player then Weber and Gray's performances today should earn Weber a seat on the bench and Gray a start on the field.

It is clear that OSU's defense respected Gray's running ability when playing the option, giving the running backs more room to run. Also, Gray showed he can throw the ball with zip and accuracy. With weber the D has no respect for his running or throwing ability. By playing Gray it opens up both the running and passing game. Gray must start!!!!

I have also defended Weber, I really like a lot about him (he's tough, a leader, etc). However, it is time from Gray. This is not all Weber's fault but we have an average OLine and an average set of backs, we need Gray to add another weapon.

Beyond that, Gray looks poised. He read a blitz well today, he ran through a hole when the pass wasn't there and he threw accurate bullets. Sure, he'll make mistakes but on the evidence we have in front of us he does not look like a risky bet at this point.

I think Gray has looked good when he's played against starting defenses (including the plays he ran today), but even if you assume that Gray looked good only b/c OSU backups were in, how much worse could they be than MSU's starters?

I was going to start my own thread, but I saw this one; I too am 100% in the Gray camp now. Weber doesn't have it, IMO. As much as I think the world of him, he rode on Decker's coattails the entire time.

its easy...

want To put Grey in at this point but really, what harm could it bring? Its not all Webers fault but something needs to be tried to spark the offense. Weber was hurt by Early drops despite him coming out ready to play.

I'm converted as well. Marqueis, it's your time.

And by the way, Kangas is a damn good goalie. He did not lose that game last night. The big 0 on the scoreboard and the 30-some shot attempts that missed the net completely lost it.

I was at the game last night and do agree that the loss was not on him. Too many missed nets, DU blocked shots and an anemic PP did the gophers in. I too think he can and will be a hell of a 'tender. His first year he showed that he can carry a squad for games at a time. Just looking for a tad more consistency. That being said, just like with QB's, with goalies when things go well they get too much credit. When things go bad they get too much blame.

by the way, Kangas has already sat a game

I think Brew's allegiance to Weber is only matched by Lucia's love affair with Kangas.

It's not an allegiance. It's a very experienced qb, the team leader, and a very good track record leading up to the season.

If Gray isn't the guy from now on, I'll be confused, but I totally understand the wait for a change.

Weber threw better early than he has all year. But he clearly is not the answer. Thank god I have some supporters at last. Go Gray!!!!!

Gray is clearly the future and I don't know if loyalty alone gives Weber the nod any longer. Weber simply can't make the reads and throws way too late way too often and simply doesn't have the arm strength to do that. As I've said time and time again, the spread offense can make an average QB look like a world beater because you're always going to have single coverage somewhere and it's not likely that it will be disguised as it can be when a defense approaches the pro set.

In fairness to Weber, the line is so much worse than I thought it would be going into the season.

want To put Grey in at this point but really, what harm could it bring? Its not all Webers fault but something needs to be tried to spark the offense. Weber was hurt by Early drops despite him coming out ready to play.

Something has to change, sometimes it's not fair. Put Gray in there. Maybe the other team can play their second team D at the end of the game in a cold rain with a 38 point lead. That will help too. Give the coaches a few games to make sure Gray won't run anymore (ala Weber) which will further cut down the dimension of our putrid offense.

The offense is the problem, but putting Gray in won't hurt any more than the godawful line coaching. Mass gets their asses kicked is what Davis' mantra appears to be.

...Beyond that, Gray looks poised. He read a blitz well today, he ran through a whole when the pass wasn't there and he through accurate bullets.

LOL...English was not your major was it, bud?

Your arguments seemed accurate though. The team was quitting. A change is needed. This seems the biggest/best possible change.

Tough Decision

Weber is a man with a huge heart, head, and skills for the game. If we had an offensive line that could function and/or respectable running game, he would be The Man. Unfortunately, we don't have either of those. To add to those longstanding deficiencies, we no longer have Decker.

I regrettfully concur it is time to give Gray a chance to see what he can do.

My guess is he will do OK, but that will not translate into victories.

:confused:

LOL...English was not your major was it, bud?

Your arguments seemed accurate though. The team was quitting. A change is needed. This seems the biggest/best possible change.

Ha. Fumble. Embarrassing. Edited...

There is now little pressure on Gray if he starts. Fans have thrown in the towel on the year (especially if Decker is out for awhile). If we go 1-3 the rest of the way with Gray out there, I think people will be okay with that if we see that Gray is offering some glimpse of hope for the future.

At 10:59 this morning, I was resistant to the idea that Gray would be an improvement. Like others, I am now a convert.

He deserves his shot.

Weber has consistently played poorly this year. I honestly don't see how Gray could be much worse. We have scored 7 points in the last 2 games. Granted, they are both good defenses, but that is no excuse. If Purdue can score on them, so can we.

Top Bottom