Illini will give us a game if...

gophmeister

Reaction score
...they don't turn the ball over.

If they do, then I think it's a safe bet we win as long as we don't do the same.

Pretty generic prediction, but I can't argue.

I'll say Illinois will give us a game if -

-the secondary continues to have bad blown coverage issues.

we let them get big plays early and don't overmatch them physically(outhit, outblock, run harder)

We make more mental mistakes than they usually do.

I think Illinois will win if the Gophers take them for granted. Illinois has better talent then their record indicates. It is foolish to think that they do not have just as good a chance to win this game as the Gophers. If anything, Illinois has more reason to have a chip on their shoulders and want this game. Gophers better have their A game and be ready.

Illinois is coming in here off of a big win, and their ground game looks fantastic. They've got talent to run he ball and Benn is a mismatch for any one of our DBs. I think this is going to be a tough, tough game.

I think Illinois will win if our offense doesn't score 38 points.

If Illinois puts up more points than us, they've got a really good shot at winning.

This team has had a chance at losing every game this year in the big ten. Does anyone think they are that much better than last year? To overlook Ill would be plain stupid, as any big ten team on any given day can win if they play at their best and you just show up.
We lost 55-0 to Iowa last year and Iowa is better this year I believe, does anyone here believe that Iowa could get beat by us? I do just for the fact that its a game.
Don't take any team for granted and be ready to play and who knows what team will show up.

I KNOW Illinois will give the Gophers a game. And, I'm pretty sure the Gophers will give Illinois a game. I'm guessing it will be a close one. I have a feeling the Gophers will not only play well, but will cut down on the penalties and mistakes - big time. I don't know which Illinois team will show up. Has the sleeping giant finally awakened? Or, was their Michigan game just a blip? We'll all know by late Saturday afternoon.

I think the stat is in 90% of football games, the team who wins the turnover battle wins the game. That might just be the NFL though.

IL is on a mission to salvage some respectability for their team, coach and season...that spells big trouble for the Gs...Brew better have his guys ready with their "A" game or this could be L #5.

Top Bottom