Illini injuries

Who disagrees with any of what you said here?
You basically.
You feel like we gave it our best effort and executed and the ball just didn't bounce our way. I am telling you Purdue came in fired up, and took it to a team that flat out didn't show up.

Any updates on injuries or are you all still arguing over a game from 2 weeks ago?
Bielema has already had his weekly presser so I wouldn't hold my breath for any additional injury updates before gameday at this point. College coaches are very tight lipped about injuries because they aren't required by the league to disclose a players status before the game.

Sorry. I'm done with it.

The article I read said it will most likely stay behind closed doors until the game. The same thing PJ did with Mo.
Yeah, even if there isn't much difference style wise between the two QBs may as make us waste time studying the tendencies of both guys.

Brandon Peters looked good against the Gophers in the first half last year because Illinois owned the LOS. The Gophers have to play better and win there because if they lose that like they did vs Purdue it’s tough to win.

Vegas certainly doesn't believe Devito is playing. We will see if the lines moves drastically Saturday morning

Also, the guy saying we should be "embarrassed" for losing to a Purdue team that is two plays from being undefeated and had a Top 10 team on the ropes is on some good hallucinogenics.

I will DM my address. Please send whatever you're having.

It's an inter-divisional game. These coaches figure out game plans to beat each other by the time they have played 5 times. We didn't play close to our best game and made some uncharacteristic mistakes. Disappointing? Absolutely. Embarrassing? It's a Big Ten game against a program that regularly goes to bowls.

Also, the guy saying we should be "embarrassed" for losing to a Purdue team that is two plays from being undefeated and had a Top 10 team on the ropes is on some good hallucinogenics.

I will DM my address. Please send whatever you're having.

It's an inter-divisional game. These coaches figure out game plans to beat each other by the time they have played 5 times. We didn't play close to our best game and made some uncharacteristic mistakes. Disappointing? Absolutely. Embarrassing? It's a Big Ten game against a program that regularly goes to bowls.
Right. Losing to Purdue is not embarrassing. Really the only things embarrassing about the game was a missed 28 yard field goal and an int from a dropped TD.

Right. Losing to Purdue is not embarrassing. Really the only things embarrassing about the game was a missed 28 yard field goal and an int from a dropped TD.
The Purdue game was frustrating far more than it was embarrassing. Very winnable game but we kept shooting ourselves in the foot and just not playing well enough to win against a quality opponent.

You are right on the money here. Losing to a team less talented than you at almost every position at home on your homecoming. Call it looking past, call it hungover, call it not executing, call it whatever you want.
You want to be a BIG TIME program, you flat out don't lose that game or play the way you did.

I'll let everyone say Purdue is this juggernaut but we all know they are very average just like Wisconsin and Iowa are this year as well.
Is it possible we are "very average" as well? You make it sound like we are Ohio State...

That you don't see you are doing the exact thing you are accusing others of doing in reverse is telling.

You basically.
You feel like we gave it our best effort and executed and the ball just didn't bounce our way. I am telling you Purdue came in fired up, and took it to a team that flat out didn't show up.

You can think both:

1) The team did not play their best
2) They didn't look past Purdue

This isn't advanced calculus. The Gophers didn't play their best and Purdue played to the level they did when they almost beat Penn State. The team that played better won. That doesn't mean the Gophers didn't prepare well or took Purdue lightly.

If the Gophers upset Penn State will it be only because Penn State looked past us or didn't take us a seriously? Is the "underdog" never given any credit for playing well?

I'm just trying to steer this stupid conversation back to the title's intent.

Crap...now I should add something else:

No doubt Illinois' defense is very good, some may even say excellent. Also have to look at who they've played; Wyoming, Indiana, Virginia, Chattanooga, Wisconsin and Iowa. All ranked 98th or worse except WI at 53 this week after scoring 42 last week. Note, the offenses we've played are worse.

I think it'll be low scoring and tough for Minnesota to score, but I can also see MN scoring 20 points, maybe even more. Can also see us scoring less than 15.

Nonetheless, those rankings are damn impressive.

Not sure why you’re getting negative comments to this. You didn’t say we shouldn’t dwell on it. You said the team shouldn’t. A valid concern after the dumpster fire we witnessed 2 weeks ago.

I don’t think it’s out of the question. Definitely were some mental failures in that locker room between the coaching staff and/or players to lose by double digits as a double digit favorite.
Happened twice last year - at least I think we were double digit faves against Illinois.

IL hasn’t had an offense run em ragged, yet. It’s coming.

Bielema has already had his weekly presser so I wouldn't hold my breath for any additional injury updates before gameday at this point. College coaches are very tight lipped about injuries because they aren't required by the league to disclose a players status before the game.

Honestly whether DeVito plays or not doesn't move the needle for me. He's not the focal point of their offense and I'm not sure he moves the line more than a point or two, far less than your typical 6-7 for a starting QB injury at the very least.

I wouldn't touch anything on this game, from a betting standpoint, other than Gophers ML.

Top Bottom