Isaiah Ihnen in the Transfer Portal

Maybe we've been looking at this all wrong! Now that we have these guys gone who just DOMINATE in practice every day, maybe the others will get their confidence back! 😎

Maybe we've been looking at this all wrong! Now that we have these guys gone who just DOMINATE in practice every day, maybe the others will get their confidence back! 😎

I was tempted to say "Finally, some good news" but then I realized that would be too much of a cheap shot even for me.

Expected. Best of luck.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see how he would do at a lower level and I'd certainly follow him if he landed somewhere. Before the season started, I think I was looking forward to seeing him play again more than any other player on the team but his biggest flaw in my view (ball handling) didn't improve much and he faded fast. Like JOJ, he also seemed like a 5th wheel out there at times.

Ihnen showed some promise originally as a shooter, but after those knee problems he never regained his stroke.

Of the four leaving we can certainly upgrade the roster on three.
Yeah, so far Payne is the one loss that will be really tough to replace. Carrington, Ihnen, and JOJ need to be replaced but doing so with them won't be nearly as difficult. Fox is still hanging out there as a big question mark. He went through senior day but it felt like the door was still open on him coming back. Would be huge for the team if he does.

As for Ihnen, makes sense for him to transfer out and try to find some quality playing time at a lower level school. Kid has been through a ton with the knee injuries, hopefully he finds a good fit and can end his college career on a high note.

Ihnen showed some promise originally as a shooter, but after those knee problems he never regained his stroke.

I think his biggest problem on offense was that he never developed his ball handling, lacked confidence in it, and therefore was afraid to drive to the hoop and settled for chucking up too many threes.

An obvious and key question becomes how are these now four, and perhaps more, scholarships filled? This will be an entirely new look team next year.

Yeah, I'd be interested to see how he would do at a lower level and I'd certainly follow him if he landed somewhere. Before the season started, I think I was looking forward to seeing him play again more than any other player on the team but his biggest flaw in my view (ball handling) didn't improve much and he faded fast. Like JOJ, he also seemed like a 5th wheel out there at times.
spot on with comparison to JOJ. They both seemed to lack passion at times times and to move with purpose. They fall in love with the 3 and don't do enough inside given their gifts of length and/or athleticism.

247 has Ihnen as a 4 star in the transfer portal. Maybe CBJ just didn't know how to use him correctly?

Top Bottom