If you were going; are you still going to San Diego?

Reaction score
I'm in. It seems like a lot of the self righteous fans are bailing on the team.

I have my flight, hotel and bowl tickets. I haven't yet decided if I am going to go to the game. I need to reflect on all of this a little longer.
I'm sure that some will question whether I am a "true fan." I can tell you that I have had tickets for 17 seasons, never missed a home game unless I was out of state and have traveled to about 10 bowl/away games. I have also donated what I consider to be a fair amount of money to this program.
Some of my decision will hinge on what Tracy Claeys has to say in the coming days. Other than the tweet he has been totally MIA.
I am worried that our athletic program has a culture that comes very far from meeting my moral standards - so I guess that makes me self righteous. I just don't think "gang-banging" a woman is "no big deal" or a case of being a "sexual preference" that I am to prude to accommodate. I find the whole ordeal disgusting and haven't yet quite figured out how to process it.

I have my flight, hotel and bowl tickets. I haven't yet decided if I am going to go to the game. I need to reflect on all of this a little longer.
I'm sure that some will question whether I am a "true fan." I can tell you that I have had tickets for 17 seasons, never missed a home game unless I was out of state and have traveled to about 10 bowl/away games. I have also donated what I consider to be a fair amount of money to this program.
Some of my decision will hinge on what Tracy Claeys has to say in the coming days. Other than the tweet he has been totally MIA.
I am worried that our athletic program has a culture that comes very far from meeting my moral standards - so I guess that makes me self righteous. I just don't think "gang-banging" a woman is "no big deal" or a case of being a "sexual preference" that I am to prude to accommodate. I find the whole ordeal disgusting and haven't yet quite figured out how to process it.

C'mon man....Join me and my wife . Time to turn the other cheek. There are a lot of good kids on this football team that deserve our support

I know four people who happened to book a vacation to LA before the bowl game was announced so this is admittedly not a case of some people going to Southern California with the main intent of watching gopher football. That said, they made plans to attend the game when it was announced that it would be in SD. Since this mess broke out, they have now decided to avoid this game like the plague. That is four less people who would have otherwise been there. I'm guessing a lot of alum and former Minnesotans who live in the area will be skipping it too. Aside from few hardcore fans, expect a dismal turnout wearing maroon and gold.

I feel for you. My wife gave me the green light to attend the game but I passed due to some complicating factors. I too have attended several bowl games and feel so fortunate I didn't book my travel this time because I'd be in the same boat as you. Whether you decide to attend the game or not, make the most of your time in Southern California and enjoy yourself.

My wife and I are joining the Creative Charter group in San Diego and have the same plans as before this all happened.
As we spend the winter in Florida, we are flying from here.

We are still going and here are a few reasons why.

1 The majoity of the Team is made up of good kids who stay out of trouble.

2 These Kids are top five in the Country for classroom achievement. Stop and think about that for a minute, i'll wait!!

I was already committed to attending the game, whether the Gophers were playing or not.

I much prefer them playing, though I will admit this is easily the least excited I have been about any of the nine Gophers bowl games I've attended.

Absolutely still going and cannot wait! Bowl games and all of the related activities are a LOT of fun. San Diego is a great city. Win or lose, I always love watching and supporting Gopher football. And, of course, as others have said, most of this team is made up of good kids.

yep, still going to the game. even arrived early - about 6 years ago.

heads up on a slight change in the forecast for the 26th and 27th. now lower 60s for the highs, high 40s for the lows, and a slight chance of rain. Rain here often means a sprinkle.

I am not going. It's not that I am mad at the U, but I was just going to drive down from LA. The wind has sort of been taken out of the sails for me.

Top Bottom